Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
SYRACUSE, N.Y. --- The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forward Daniel Walcott to a one-year, two-way contract, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Walcott, 25, skated in five games for the Syracuse Crunch during the 2018-19 season, posting 10 penalty minutes. He missed 71 games due to a shoulder injury he suffered with the Lightning at the beginning of the 2018 preseason.
The Ile Perrot, Quebec native has appeared in 185 career AHL games with the Crunch and Hartford Wolf Pack, posting 11 goals and 44 points to go along with 202 penalty minutes. Walcott served as an assistant captain for the Crunch during the 2017-18 season. The 5-foot-11, 174-pound defenseman recorded career highs for goals (five) and points (16).
The Lightning acquired Walcott's rights from the New York Rangers on June 1, 2015 in exchange for a seventh-round pick in 2015.
Ticket packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Roadrunners to Host NHL Draft Party at Gentle Ben's - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins' "Lids at the Library" Bike Helmet Giveaways Return - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Ink Hogberg to Two-Year Extension - Belleville Senators
- NHL.com Predicts 2019 NHL Draft - Belleville Senators
- MacWilliam Returns on One-Year AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Sign Defensemen Matt Abt and Jon Lizotte - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Syracuse Crunch, Utica Comets, Binghamton Devils, Rochester Americans Partner with American Red Cross to Announce New York Hockey Gives Blood