T-Birds Add Edwards to Roster
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, Dec. 16, 2009 - The Albuquerque Thunderbirds announced today that the team has acquired forward Shane Edwards. Edwards was on the Thunderbirds training camp roster prior to the start of the 2009-10 season.
Edwards played his college ball at the University of Arkansas Little Rock, where he averaged 11.7 points, 5.3 rebounds and shot 48.4% during his senior season (2008-09). He attended the Thunderbirds open tryouts in October, and was one of the final two players cut from the training camp roster.
The University of Arkansas Little Rock product ended his collegiate career with averages of 9.0 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 46.6% shooting in 62 games. The 6-7 forward helped UALR to a 43 - 19 record in his two seasons with the team.
Edwards will make his Thunderbirds debut when the team hosts the Austin Toros at the Santa Ana Star Center on Dec. 18. The game will begin at 7:00 pm MT.
Tickets are still available for Friday's game at the Santa Ana Star Center for as low as $6. Call 505.265.3865 or visit www.abqtbirds.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 16, 2009
- Bayhawks Clipped By Red Claws - Erie BayHawks
- D-Fenders Add Cuic and McKenzie, Release Wormely and Jackson - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- T-Birds Add Edwards to Roster - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Toros Make First Roster Move of the Season - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Offering $1 Hot Dogs, Popcorn And Soda During Seven Upcoming Games - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bakersfield Jam Announce New Business Model And Foundation - Bakersfield Jam
- Tulsa 66ers Make Roster Move - Tulsa 66ers
- 66ers On The Air - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Bighorns Rally For 98-90 Victory Over Bakersfield - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.