Switchbacks FC 2019 Promotions Calendar Is Out
Colorado Springs, CO - The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC announced today their promotions calendar for the 2019 season highlighted by four fireworks nights (March 16th, June 22nd, July 4th, and October 5th) and the second-ever Star Wars Night (June 8th).
The Switchbacks home opener is on March 16th with a St. Paddy's Day Celebration with green beer and a post-match fireworks show at Weidner Field. This year, the Switchbacks are hosting their first ever fireworks show on July 4th, with it being the biggest in Switchbacks history to fit the occasion! The Switchbacks will also be extending their $1 beer at gates open throughout the entire 2019 season. Full 16oz delicious beer for $1, you can literally buy a Switchbacks ticket and 2-5 beers and it will be less expensive than going to any bar and restaurant and buying just 2-5 beers.
Popular promotion items are returning such as winter beanies (March 23, presented by Waste Connections), hats (June 1st, presented by Pikes Peak Brewing), vuvuzelas (May 18th, presented by General Dynamics), cowbells (August 7th, presented by Centura Orthopedics), back to school backpacks (August 10th, presented by GE Johnson), Super Hero Night (September 7th, presented by the Children's Hospital Colorado), and a bobblehead (September 28th, presented by FOX21 News).
The Switchbacks will also return their poster series with those taking place on March 16th, April 13th, July 13th, and October 5th.
Star Wars Night is returning for the second time on June 8th, and it will include an auction for player-worn R2-D2 Warm Up jerseys to benefit the Penrose-St. Francis Health Foundation. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will also receive lighted thunder stick sabers. Last year, the Switchbacks raised nearly $3,000 on Star Wars Night for the Penrose-St. Francis Health Foundation.
Among the new promotions will be bucket hats (May 4th, presented by Pikes Peak National Bank), blankets (July 4th, presented by Oakwood Homes), jersey tee's (July 20th, presented by Weidner Apartment Homes), and underwear (August 31st, presented by Sheath).
The Switchbacks will cap off their 2019 home schedule with Fan Appreciation Night with their fourth and final fireworks night on October 5th as the team takes on the Los Angeles Galaxy II.
The Switchbacks will kick off their 2019 USL Championship season on the road to the Los Angeles Galaxy II on March 9th. The home opener is on March 16th as they host the Sacramento Republic FC at 6:00 PM at Weidner Field for a St. Paddy's Day celebration with fireworks and $1 beer for the first 30 minutes after gates open at 5:00 PM. Tickets start at just $12.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 8, 2019
- Hounds Win Preseason Opener, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- 2019 Nashville SC Positional Preview: Defense - Nashville SC
- Fresno FC vs. La Galaxy II in Preseason Exhibition Tonight - Fresno FC
- Switchbacks FC 2019 Promotions Calendar Is Out - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Hounds to Establish Hall of Fame, New Secondary Logo for 20th Anniversary - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Player Meet-And-Greet & Kit Reveal Set for Saturday, February 23 at against the Grain Brewery - Louisville City FC
- OKC Soccer Star Called up to National Team - OKC Energy FC
- Phoenix Rising Fights Back But Falls 3-2 to Sporting KC - Phoenix Rising FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Stories
- Switchbacks FC Sign Young International Forward in Cesar Romero
- Switchbacks FC Fall to Sacramento Republic FC in Home Opener
- Colorado Rapids Loan Clint Irwin & Kofi Opare to Switchbacks FC
- Shane Malcolm Earns Championship Player of the Week & Jordan Burt Named to Bench
- Malcolm's First Hat Trick in Switchbacks History Powers Switchbacks FC in Dominant Performance