Sutliffe Tallies 20th Goal in 4-1 Loss to Rivermen
Derek Sutliffe became the 4th player in the SPHL to hit the 20-goal plateau, but that would be all as the Thunderbolts lost 4-1 in Peoria on Friday night. The Thunderbolts return home on Friday, February 21st, hosting the Knoxville Ice Bears at 7:15 pm. It will be Toy Giveaway Night presented by Rideout's Transmission. The first 1,200 fans in attendance will receive a miniature replica ice resurfacing machine. For tickets, call (812)422-BOLT (2658), buy online at EvansvilleThunderbolts.com, or buy in person at the Ford Center Box Office.
Down 3-0 in the second period, Sutliffe's goal came at the 11:03 mark, assisted by Austin Plevy. The assist would extend Plevy's point streak to 9 games, as Plevy ties the Thunderbolts' franchise record for points in a season with his league-leading 53rd point of the season. Brian Billett finished with 37 saves on 41 shots. These two teams meet one last time this regular season on Sunday at 3:05pm in Peoria.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Fregeau Gets Gordie Howe Hat Trick in 4-1 Win over Evansville - Peoria Rivermen
- Mayhem Overcome Ice Flyers on Valentine's Day - Macon Mayhem
- Sutliffe Tallies 20th Goal in 4-1 Loss to Rivermen - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Ice Bears Maul Roanoke 5-2 - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Roanoke Beaten in Knoxville, 5-2 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (12-19-5) at Ice Bears (22-15-4) - 7:35 PM - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Preview: Mayhem at Pensacola Ice Flyers (Game 39) - Macon Mayhem
- Billett Leads Bolts over Peoria in Shootout, 3-2 - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Rivermen Stunned by Thunderbolts in 3-2 Shootout - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.