Sundogs Return Former CHL All-Star Joel Irving
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - Arizona Sundogs Head Coach and General Manager Marco Pietroniro announced today the team has re-signed forward Joel Irving for the upcoming 2010-11 Central Hockey League season.
Irving returns to Arizona after spending the 2009-10 season with the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees. In 62 regular season games with the Killer Bees last season, the former sixth round (148th overall) draft pick of the Montreal Canadiens recorded 15 goals, 24 assists and 88 penalty minutes (PIM).
The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Irving last skated with Arizona during the 2008-09 season and led the team in scoring with a career-high 35 goals and 69 points, earning the veteran forward a starting nod in the 2009 CHL All-Star Game.
"Joel is a veteran that adds both size and scoring to our roster," said Pietroniro. "We're pleased to have him back for the 2010-11 season."
The 34-year-old has appeared in 723 games as a professional, including 30 at the American Hockey League level, and has collected 224 goals, 300 assists and 1,336 PIM.
Prior to turning pro, Irving played for four years at Western Michigan University (NCAA). In 139 career collegiate contests, the Lumsden, Saskatchewan, native registered 25 goals, 30 assists and 222 PIM.
The Sundogs open their fifth anniversary season on the road against the Colorado Eagles on Friday, Oct. 15 at 6:05pm (Arizona time) and return home to host the Fort Wayne Komets on Friday, Oct. 22 at 7:05pm. Single game tickets start at just $12 and go on sale this Friday, Oct. 1 at 10:00am. Season ticket packages are also available for as low as $295. For more information call (928) 759-6600 or visit www.arizonasundogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2010
- RiverKings Season Tickets Released Monday, October 4th - Mississippi RiverKings
- Couch Joins 'Bugs Defensive Corps - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Set to Open 2010 Training Camp Monday - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Ryan Jardine - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards, CBS4 Team up for Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Announce Dynamic Duo - Dayton Gems
- Bees Select Lavon as New Play-By Play Voice - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs Return Former CHL All-Star Joel Irving - Arizona Sundogs
- Darryl Bootland Assigned to Jackalopes - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Announce Training Camp Schedule - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Josh Beaulieu - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.