Mallards, CBS4 Team up for Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game
MOLINE, Ill. (September 30, 2010) - The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League today announced they have teamed with CBS4 WHBF-TV to introduce the Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game.
Before each Mallards home game this season, one lucky young fan will be chosen at random to take to the ice at the i wireless Center and get the action started in traditional hockey style by declaring "let's play hockey!" Each winner will receive four free tickets to the game they attend as the Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game and will see their name "up in lights" on the giant video board when they step onto the ice at the i wireless Center.
"CBS4 has had a long and productive relationship with the Quad City Mallards and we are proud to continue that partnership this season," says CBS4 General Manager Marshall Porter. "And the chance to provide this special opportunity to Quad City kids is especially exciting."
Entries may be submitted via the Mallards' official website at http://myqcmallards.com/community/letsplay/. Children 12 and under are eligible to be named the Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game. Entries submitted on behalf of children by parents and other relatives are welcome, as are entries from kids themselves that include a parent's name.
"We are excited to be able to team with CBS4 to make this opportunity available to youngsters in the Quad Cities and provide them with the chance to play a unique role at Mallards games," said Mallards President Chris Presson.
The Mallards will open training camp next Monday. The Flock will raise the curtain on its first CHL regular season on home ice Saturday, October 16, at 7:05 p.m. against the Odessa Jackalopes. Mallards 2010-11 season tickets and mini plans are available to meet any budget or schedule. For more information on ticket packages for the upcoming season, fans can contact the Mallards at (309) 277-1364. Single game seats will go on sale next Monday.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2010
- RiverKings Season Tickets Released Monday, October 4th - Mississippi RiverKings
- Couch Joins 'Bugs Defensive Corps - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Set to Open 2010 Training Camp Monday - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Ryan Jardine - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards, CBS4 Team up for Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Announce Dynamic Duo - Dayton Gems
- Bees Select Lavon as New Play-By Play Voice - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs Return Former CHL All-Star Joel Irving - Arizona Sundogs
- Darryl Bootland Assigned to Jackalopes - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Announce Training Camp Schedule - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Josh Beaulieu - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings