Bees Select Lavon as New Play-By Play Voice
HIDALGO, TEXAS --- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that Keith Lavon has been selected as team's new Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations.
Lavon, 23, joins the Killer Bees from Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.) where he has been part of the hockey student-radio broadcast team for the past five seasons. Three of those seasons were spent serving as the lead play-by-play broadcaster for the Huskies. Northeastern plays in the highly competitive Hockey East Association and Lavon has called games during the NCAA Tournament, Hockey East Tournament and Beanpot Tournament along with virtually every regular season game from across the country.
Lavon, a Takoma Park, Md. native, also worked in the Sports Information department at Northeastern. He served as the lead baseball contact and as the secondary contact for men's basketball and men's hockey. Many of those duties will carry over to the Bees as Lavon will also serve as the team's primary media contact and manage all press releases, game notes and presentation of killerbeehockey.com.
While earning his B.A. in Communications from Northeastern, Lavon also worked at 98.5 FM The Sports Hub, a Boston sports talk radio station. He contributed to broadcasts as an update anchor, including working during Boston Bruins games and New England Patriots post-game shows.
"We're excited to welcome Keith as the team's new play-by-play voice," Killer Bees General Manager Dan Belisle said. "He comes highly recommended and we know he is ready for his first season in pro hockey."
The Killer Bees begin their eighth season of play at State Farm Arena in Hidalgo on October 15, 2010. Season tickets and corporate partnership opportunities are available now; call 956-843-7825 to find out more.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2010
- RiverKings Season Tickets Released Monday, October 4th - Mississippi RiverKings
- Couch Joins 'Bugs Defensive Corps - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Set to Open 2010 Training Camp Monday - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Ryan Jardine - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards, CBS4 Team up for Let's Play Hockey Kid of the Game - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Announce Dynamic Duo - Dayton Gems
- Bees Select Lavon as New Play-By Play Voice - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs Return Former CHL All-Star Joel Irving - Arizona Sundogs
- Darryl Bootland Assigned to Jackalopes - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Announce Training Camp Schedule - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Josh Beaulieu - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.