Sundogs Radio Broadcaster Jordan Duvall Added to CHL All-Star Game Broadcast
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs announced Monday that radio play-by-play announcer Jordan Duvall has been added to the radio and CHL Network broadcast for the 2009 CHL All-Star Game on Wednesday, Jan. 14 at the Budweiser Events Center, home of the Colorado Eagles, in Loveland, Colorado.
Different from All-Star Games of past, this season's showcase game will pit the host Colorado Eagles against a team composed of CHL All-Stars from across the league, including Sundogs leading scorer Joel Irving. The format change is reflective of the early days of professional hockey, when the Stanley Cup champions would take on the All-Star team.
The 2009 CHL All-Star game can be seen live on both the CHL Network and Altitude Sports and Entertainment (Dish Network channel 410 and DirecTV channel 681). The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs' Travis Huntington will serve as play-by-play announcer for the CHL Network broadcast along with the Eagles' Scott Swanson. Duvall joins Huntington and Swanson and will report from ice level and both team benches throughout the contest.
Duvall, 24, is in his first season with the Sundogs. He previously served as Director of Media Relations and Broadcasting for Southwest Division foe the Amarillo Gorillas during the 2007-08 season.
Duvall began his career in sports working as an intern in the Colorado Eagles' (CHL) media relations department. After graduation, he moved to Helena, Montana where he served as radio broadcaster for the NorPac Jr. 'B' Helena Bighorns. Duvall gained his first experience as a play-by-play announcer, calling games for the Colorado State University Club Hockey Team.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2009
- Become a Mudbugs First-Timer - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gorillas Announce Pellerin as New Head Coach - Amarillo Gorillas
- Goaltender Gistedt Recalled to San Antonio - Arizona Sundogs
- Sundogs Radio Broadcaster Jordan Duvall Added to CHL All-Star Game Broadcast - Arizona Sundogs
- Rush To Host Hockey 101/Season Ticket Sale Tonight - Rapid City Rush
- Rapid City Rush To Make Local Visits For Youth - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Loses Three of Four - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs Raise Almost $19,000 for Charity in First of Four Jersey Auctions - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Assist Local Resident in Cancer Fight - Odessa Jackalopes
- Shots from the Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.