Sun Acquire Theresa Plaisance
UNCASVILLE, Conn. - The Connecticut Sun have acquired Theresa Plaisance in a trade with the Dallas Wings in exchange for Kristine Anigwe.
A 6-foot-5 forward/center, Plaisance has played in 134 games over six WNBA seasons. This season, she has started 12 games for the Wings, averaging 6.0 points per game and 4.4 rebounds. Plaisance has made 23 three-point field goals in 2019, trailing just Jonquel Jones among centers in that category.
"We are excited about the acquisition of Theresa Plaisance," Sun head coach and general manager Curt Miller said. "Theresa is a talented, versatile offensive player and is considered one of the best stretch post players in the league. She is someone who we have targeted for a few seasons and we are excited to have her with us. Theresa gives us an experienced, young veteran presence who has a tremendous reputation across the league as a fantastic teammate and unifier in the locker room."
Plaisance, who is one of just four starting centers in the WNBA to have a positive assist-to-turnover ratio this season at 1.13, has started 59 percent of the games she has played in since the start of the 2017 season. In just 22 games this season, Plaisance has already dished out 34 assists, eclipsing her single-season career-best of 31, set in 2017.
Selected with the ninth overall pick by the Sun in the 2019 WNBA Draft, Anigwe saw action in 17 games for the Sun this season. She averaged 2.0 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.
The Sun will be in action next on Friday, August 9 when they travel to Minnesota to take on the Lynx. Game time is set for 8 p.m. ET and can be viewed on NESN+. Connecticut returns home to take on the Seattle Storm on August 16 at 7:30 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit connecticutsun.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 6, 2019
- Minnesota/Atlanta Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Lynx Sign Forward Jillian Alleyne - Minnesota Lynx
- Phoenix Mercury Signs Asia Taylor - Phoenix Mercury
- Sun Acquire Theresa Plaisance - Connecticut Sun
- Wings Acquire Kristine Anigwe from Connecticut Sun - Dallas Wings
- Aces Drop Month-Long "Earthquake Game" to Mystics, 99-70 - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Sun Stories
- DeWanna Bonner Named to 2020 All-WNBA Second Team
- Alyssa Thomas and DeWanna Bonner Named to Associated Press All-WNBA Second Team
- Bria Holmes Out for the Season
- Bonner Earns Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Alyssa Thomas Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week