Storm Acquire Forward Eric Uba from Flint for Picks
GUELPH - Guelph Storm General Manager and Head Coach, George Burnett, has announced that the Storm have acquired forward Eric Uba from the Flint Firebirds in exchange for a 3rd round pick in 2020, and a conditional 5th round pick in 2023.
Uba, a six-foot, 196-pound right winger from Kitchener, Ontario was a ninth round (164th overall) pick by the Firebirds in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection.
During the 2018-19 campaign, Uba tallied 19 goals and 23 assists for 42 points through 67 games with the Firebirds, while adding 54 penalty minutes.
"Eric is an impressive young man that will bring skill, size, and character to our lineup," said Burnett. "He has a proven ability to score in our league and we look forward to having him join our program."
Prior to his first full season in the OHL, Uba split the 2017-18 season between the OJHL's Wellington Dukes and Oakville Blades, registering 15 goals and 19 assists for 34 points in 51 games. The 2000-born forward also played his first four OHL games with Flint, recording an assist.
"I am thrilled to be starting this new chapter with the Guelph Storm and looking forward to getting things going in the coming weeks," Uba offered. "I can't wait to play in front of the amazing Storm fans."
Uba will join the Storm for training camp set to kick-off the 2019-20 season on August 26th.
Hometown: Kitchener, ON
Draft: OHL - FLNT (2016) Round: 9 (#164)
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Bulldogs Trade DJ King to Saginaw - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spirit Acquire D.J. King from Hamilton Bulldogs - Saginaw Spirit
- Storm Acquire Forward Eric Uba from Flint for Picks - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Guelph Storm Stories
- Storm Acquire Picks from Rangers in Exchange for Liam Hawel
- Storm Mourn the Loss of Long Time Scout Cliff Long
- Home Opener and Street Fest this Friday, September 20th
- First Annual Rita Let's Kids Play Night on September 20th
- Golding Accepts Scouting Role with Canucks