Stockton Kings Defeat Birmingham Squadron in First G League Regular Season Game
The Stockton Kings (1-0), of the NBA G League, defeated the Birmingham Squadron (0-1), 103-80, in the first game of the NBA G League regular season.
The Kings started the first half strong, leading by as many as 14 points with center Neemias Queta scoring eight points, grabbing four rebounds and shooting .667 percent from the field. Stockton ended the half with a 46-38 lead. Birmingham guard Riley LaChance led the first half with 14 points, three rebounds and shot .556 percent from the field.
Birmingham brought the game within as little as three points in the 3rd quarter, but Stockton ultimately emerged victorious with their biggest lead of 19 in the 4th quarter.
Queta and Kings forward Tre'Shawn Thurman both finished as the leading scorer with 21 points apiece. Queta finished the game 12 rebounds and shooting .692 percent from the field. Thurman shot 8-of-12 from the field, 4-of-7 from three and grabbed 11 rebounds. Kings assignment forward Robert Woodard II collected a double, scoring 16 points to go along with 10 rebounds. The Kings finished the game shooting .482 percent from the field and .800 percent from the free throw line.
Birmingham was led by guard Tra Holder with 15 points, seven rebounds and two assists. Birmingham finished the game shooting .388 percent from the field, .182 percent from three and .545 percent from the free throw line.
The Stockton Kings will take on the Birmingham Squadron again at Stockton Arena on January 6 at 7:00 PM PT. Fans can tune in to the game on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 6, 2022
- Iowa Races Past Sioux Falls in Regular Season Opener - Iowa Wolves
- Ferguson's Big Second Half Not Enough as Force Drops 106-94 Contest to Wolves - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Raptors 905 Stop Mad Ants in Regular Season Opener - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Friday, January 7 Home Game Rescheduled for Sunday, January 9 - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Bulls Can't Hold on against Cruise - Windy City Bulls
- Agua Caliente at Austin Game Rescheduled - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Comeback Falls Short to Gold in Regular Season Opener - Westchester Knicks
- Greensboro Swarm Tip off Regular Season on the Road against the Long Island Nets - Greensboro Swarm
- San Antonio Spurs Sign Anthony Lamb to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Charge Regular Season Schedule Begins this Friday - Cleveland Charge
- Stockton Kings Defeat Birmingham Squadron in First G League Regular Season Game - Stockton Kings
- Ryan Arcidiacono Signs 10-Day Contract with New York Knicks - Maine Celtics
- 2021-22 Regular Season Preview: Skyforce Looking to Make the Most of New Format - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Pacers Assign Nate Hinton, Transfer Terry Taylor to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Herd Wins First Double Overtime of the Season - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Receive G League Social Responsibility Award for "Fit Kids" Program in Partnership with Kaiser Permanente
- Stockton Kings Announce "Kings 209 Pantry" in Partnership with Kaiser Permanente and Second Harvest of the Greater Valley
- Stockton Kings Celebrate the Season of Doing Good Throughout the 209
- Stockton Kings Sweep Two-Game Set against Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Take First of Back-To-Back Games against Austin Spurs with 101-96 Victory