Steve Livingstone Steps Down as COO at Louisville City FC
LOUISVILLE - Louisville City FC can today confirm that Steve Livingstone has resigned as chief operating officer.
Livingstone originally joined the club as a consultant in April 2017 before joining the staff in a full-time role as C.O.O. in July 2017. His extensive background in sport brought him to Louisville after spending time with NFL Europe's Scottish Claymores, the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars, and former NASL club Jacksonville Armada FC, where he helped guide the club to league attendance records in 2015.
The Scot's accomplishments for LouCity FC include helping to break the club's attendance record in the regular season (13,813 vs. FC Cincinnati; August 2017) and in the postseason (14,456 vs. Swope Park Rangers; November 2017); playing a pivotal role in progressing the development of the Butchertown stadium site; and successfully assisting in developing LouCity's reputation as one of the leading clubs in the United States.
The announcement also sees Livingstone shift to a short-term consultant role.
Commenting on Livingstone's decision, co-chairman Mike Mountjoy said: "Steve has determined that, at this time, it is best for him to return to Jacksonville where his family resides. We would like to thank him for his time and efforts with LouCity, and we wish him all the best moving forward."
"There will continue to be important developments for Louisville City over the next few years and we are grateful to have such a fantastic set of supporters and partners that will help continue to lay our foundation for success for a very long time."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Fresno FC Announces Community Medical Centers as Back-Of-Jersey Sponsor - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Set to Face USL Competition in Orange County in Preseason Finale - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Orange County SC Signs 2017 USL Fans' Choice Goal of the Year Winner Nansel Selbol - Orange County SC
- Steve Livingstone Steps Down as COO at Louisville City FC - Louisville City FC
- Roughnecks to Host Live Pop & Vaud Show and Kit Reveal Event - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- San Antonio FC Match at Fresno FC to be Played on April 22 - San Antonio FC
- Lights FC Q&A with ... Midfielder Daigo Kobayashi - Las Vegas Lights FC
- T2 Acquire Forward Darixon Vuelto - Portland Timbers 2
- Colorado Contingent Loaned to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Switchbacks Get 3-0 Pre-Season Victory over Harpo's FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Fall to Reno 1868 FC in Second Match of California Preseason Trip - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- Preview: City Hosts Fury FC for Noche Latina at Slugger Field
- Louisville City FC Signs University of Kentucky Standout Napo Matsoso for Remainder of 2018 Season
- Cameron Lancaster Named USL Player of the Month
- Boys in Purple Going Pink to Fight Breast Cancer
- LouCity Inks Midfielder Jose Carranza