Orange County SC Signs 2017 USL Fans' Choice Goal of the Year Winner Nansel Selbol
IRVINE, Calif. - Orange County Soccer Club announced the signing of Nigerian winger, Nansel Selbol. The 20-year-old striker joins Orange County SC from Swope Park Rangers where he spent two seasons, making 55 appearances and tallying 10 goals and 4 assissts in total for the club. He had a standout season for the club in 2017, scoring 9 goals and recording 2 assists during the season, including his sensational strike against Seattle Sounders FC 2 on July 20 which won him the 2017 USL Fans' Choice Goal of the Year award. He also claimed the USL Goal of the Month award three times with spectacular goals in June, July and August.
"Nansel is an exciting, dynamic player that will add another dimension to our front line with his creativity and speed," said Orange County SC Head Coach, Braeden Cloutier. "He played a big part in the success of Swope Park the last couple of years. He has the ability to beat defenders off the dribble and create goals for not only himself, but his teammates as well."
Born and raised in Jos, Nigeria, Selbol has helped lead Swope Park Rangers to back to back USL Cup Finals agisnt New York Red Bulls II and last season against Louisville City FC. Selbol has also played for the Sporting Kansas City first team when in 2016 he scored the game winner against Central FC in the CONCACAF Champions League.
Prior to moving to Kansas City in 2014, Selbol played for C.O.D. United FC, Plateau United FC and Pawas Soccer Academy. He joined the Swope Park Rangers from Sportking KC's Academy, where he lead the U-18 team with 10 goals in just 8 games, and was quickly elevated to the Swope Park Rangers. Selbol has also been recognized on the international stage, having represented the Nigeria U17 national team 5 times, recording one goal.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Fresno FC Announces Community Medical Centers as Back-Of-Jersey Sponsor - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Set to Face USL Competition in Orange County in Preseason Finale - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Orange County SC Signs 2017 USL Fans' Choice Goal of the Year Winner Nansel Selbol - Orange County SC
- Steve Livingstone Steps Down as COO at Louisville City FC - Louisville City FC
- Roughnecks to Host Live Pop & Vaud Show and Kit Reveal Event - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- San Antonio FC Match at Fresno FC to be Played on April 22 - San Antonio FC
- Lights FC Q&A with ... Midfielder Daigo Kobayashi - Las Vegas Lights FC
- T2 Acquire Forward Darixon Vuelto - Portland Timbers 2
- Colorado Contingent Loaned to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Switchbacks Get 3-0 Pre-Season Victory over Harpo's FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Fall to Reno 1868 FC in Second Match of California Preseason Trip - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- New England Revolution Loan Winger Mark Segbers to Orange County SC for the 2018 Season
- Defender Alex Crognale Joins Orange County SC on Season Long Loan from Columbus Crew SC
- Goalkeeper Andre Rawls Joins Orange County SC on Season Long Loan from New York City FC
- Orange County SC Signs Center Back Walker Hume
- Orange County SC Signs 2017 USL Fans' Choice Goal of the Year Winner Nansel Selbol