T2 Acquire Forward Darixon Vuelto
PORTLAND, Ore. - T2 announced today that the club has acquired forward Darixon Vuelto from Liga Nacional side C.D. Victoria on loan for the 2018 USL campaign, with a purchase option. Vuelto will be added to T2's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P-1 visa, in addition to league and federation approval.
Vuelto, 20, joins Portland with more than 70 professional appearances in his career as a forward since making his professional debut as a 15-year-old with C.D. Victoria in Honduras, starting and playing 68 minutes against C.D. Olimpia on Sept. 7, 2013. A native of Sambo Creek, Honduras, Vuelto most recently played for Honduran side Real C.D. España, on loan from C.D. Victoria, during the 2017-18 Liga Nacional campaign, where he made 28 appearances (23 starts) and scored 10 goals. Additionally, Vuelto became the youngest goal-scorer in CONCACAF Champions League history when he registered a goal in C.D. Victoria's 4-1 loss to Club Deportivo Luis Angel Firpo on Oct. 23, 2013.
"We are excited to announce the addition of Darixon Vuelto to our T2 roster for the upcoming USL season," said Gavin Wilkinson, general manager and president of soccer for the Portland Timbers. "He is a young player that we believe has considerable upside, and we look forward to continuing his development with an eye towards him becoming an impactful first-team player in the future."
In three seasons with C.D. Victoria (2013-16), Vuelto made 46 appearances (34 starts) in Liga Nacional play, registering three goals. Vuelto spent the 2016-17 season with Segunda Division side Tenerife, but didn't make an appearance.
At the international level, Vuelto has made several appearances for Honduras at the U-15, U-17 and U-20 levels. Vuelto made three appearances (3 starts) for Honduras at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea, where he registered two assists. Additionally, Vuelto appeared in three matches (3 starts) for Honduras at the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile.
Transaction: T2 acquire forward Darixon Vuelto on loan from C.D. Victoria on March 8, 2018.
Born: Jan. 15, 1998, in Sambo Creek, Honduras
Last Club: C.D. Victoria (Liga Nacional)
Acquired: Acquired on March 8, 2018
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Fresno FC Announces Community Medical Centers as Back-Of-Jersey Sponsor - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Set to Face USL Competition in Orange County in Preseason Finale - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Orange County SC Signs 2017 USL Fans' Choice Goal of the Year Winner Nansel Selbol - Orange County SC
- Steve Livingstone Steps Down as COO at Louisville City FC - Louisville City FC
- Roughnecks to Host Live Pop & Vaud Show and Kit Reveal Event - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- San Antonio FC Match at Fresno FC to be Played on April 22 - San Antonio FC
- Lights FC Q&A with ... Midfielder Daigo Kobayashi - Las Vegas Lights FC
- T2 Acquire Forward Darixon Vuelto - Portland Timbers 2
- Colorado Contingent Loaned to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Switchbacks Get 3-0 Pre-Season Victory over Harpo's FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Fall to Reno 1868 FC in Second Match of California Preseason Trip - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers 2 Stories
- T2 Fall 2-1 to Sounders FC 2 in USL Regular-Season Opener at Cheney Stadium
- T2 Acquire Winger Marvin Loria
- T2 Acquire Forward Darixon Vuelto
- T2 to Play Host to FC St. Pauli of Germany's 2. Bundesliga at Providence Park May 22
- T2 Announce Five Player Signings Ahead of 2018 USL Season