Stephen Strasburg to Pitch for Potomac on Sunday, Koda Glover to Pitch for the P-Nats on Saturday
Woodbridge, VA - The Washington Nationals have assigned RHP Stephen Strasburg and RHP Koda Glover to the Potomac Nationals for a rehabilitation assignment. Strasburg is set to pitch on Sunday and continue his rehab assignment, while Glover is scheduled to pitch for the P-Nats on Saturday night. The length of each rehab assignment has not been determined. Both will pitch this weekend against the Frederick Keys (Baltimore).
The 29-year-old Strasburg has been on the Washington Nationals' DL since June 10th with right shoulder inflammation. Prior to his stint on the DL, the 2009 first overall pick in the MLB Draft went 6-6 with a 3.46 ERA for the Nationals. The right-handed starter struck out 95 and walked just 19 in 80.2 innings.
Sunday will be the second straight start for Strasburg with Potomac. On Tuesday night in Lynchburg, VA, the three-time MLB All-Star allowed one run on two hits over 3.1 innings. Against the Hillcats, Strasburg struck out five and walked just one. Sunday will be nine-year MLB veteran's fourth career start with Potomac.
Glover, a member of the Opening Day roster for Potomac in 2016, has spent the entire 2018 season on the DL for the Nationals. A closer for the P-Nats in 2016, the 25-year-old hadn't pitched since June 10th, 2017 until he began a rehab assignment just under a week ago with the Gulf Coast League Nationals. Glover has been on the DL with right shoulder tendonitis.
Selected in the eighth round of the 2015 MLB Draft out of Oklahoma State University, Glover went from The Pfitz to The Show in 2016. In seven games to start the season with Potomac, the right-handed reliever didn't allow a run over 9.2 innings. Glover then made 17 appearances for the Double-A Harrisburg Senators and 16 appearances with the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs. In addition, Glover made 23 appearances out of the bullpen for Washington, where he picked up eight saves in 10 chances. In two outings with the GCL Nationals this season, Glover struck out four and didn't allow a hit over two innings.
Saturday's matchup against the Keys will get underway at 6:35pm, while gates will open to Northwest Federal Field at 5:00pm. Sunday, first pitch against Frederick is set for 1:05pm, with gates set to open at 12:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from July 13, 2018
- Sox Blister Blue Rocks in 10-1 Rout Friday - Salem Red Sox
- Keys Earn Come-From-Behind Win over P-Nats - Frederick Keys
- Two-Run Ninth Pushes Keys Past P-Nats in Series Opener - Potomac Nationals
- Dash Earn Walk-Off Win over Buies Creek on Friday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Rocks Drop Series Opener against the Red Sox - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Birds Hang on in Ninth Inning, Take Series Opener in Kinston - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Palumbo Returns, Offense Stalls in Loss to Pelicans - Down East Wood Ducks
- Three-Game Skid Ends as Hillcats Top Mudcats Friday - Lynchburg Hillcats
- July 13 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (July 13 vs. Buies Creek) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Stephen Strasburg to Pitch for Potomac on Sunday, Koda Glover to Pitch for the P-Nats on Saturday - Potomac Nationals
- OF D.J. Wilsonplaced on the 7-day disabled list - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Game Notes, July 13 at Down East - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Battle of the Sauce Night, BBQ Mitt Giveaway, House Autry Friday Fireworks and More Coming Up - Carolina Mudcats
- Dash to Host Used Baseball Equipment Drive on Saturday - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Potomac Nationals Stories
- Fredericksburg Baseball Passes 1, 000 Season Tickets
- SimVentions Announces Corporate Sponsorship of Fredericksburg Baseball
- Fredericksburg Baseball Teams up with Rappahannock Goodwill
- P-Nats Annual Stocking Stuffer Packages Now on Sale
- Fredericksburg Baseball Celebrates Founders Club Event Success