Steelheads Sign Another Right Shot Defenceman
The Mississauga Steelheads announced today that the hockey club signed their seventh-round pick (128th overall) from the 2018 OHL Priority Selection, Craig Spence.
Drafted from the Chatham Kent Cyclones, Spence registered a total of 27 points (7 goals, 20 assists) as a defenceman in the 2017/18 season and attended the 2016/17 Pro Hockey Selects U15 tournament. The 17-year old native of Chatham, Ontario, appeared in 45 games with the Chatham Maroons (GOJHL) during the 2018-2019 season and registered 12 points (3 goals, 9 assists).
Head Coach and General Manager James Richmond commented on the signing prior to the Steelheads third preseason game. "We are pleased to add Craig to our defensive core. He plays hard every shift and has really picked up on the way we want our team to play. Right shot defence are a premium in today's game and Craig will grow into a solid OHL player. We look forward to seeing him in the blue and white very soon. Welcome to the Steelheads Family!"
The Steelheads would like to welcome Craig Spence and his family to Mississauga.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Colts Fall Short against the Attack - Barrie Colts
- No Shortage of Offensive Power in 67's Pre-Season Loss to Kingston - Ottawa 67's
- Eight Petes Players to Attend NHL Training Camps - Peterborough Petes
- Steelheads Sign Another Right Shot Defenceman - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting Receive Commitment from Skilled Forward Ty Voit - Sarnia Sting
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.