Stars Sign Defenseman Gord Baldwin to PTO
CEDAR PARK, TX - The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that the club has signed defenseman Gord Baldwin to a professional tryout contract, calling him up from the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL.
Baldwin, 25, is currently in his sixth professional season and has 14 points (3 goals, 11 assists), 39 penalty minutes and a +11 plus-minus rating in 26 games for Idaho this year. The Winnipeg, Manitoba native was drafted by the Calgary Flames in the third round (69th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and spent parts of four seasons with the club's AHL affiliate in Quad City and Abbotsford, appearing in 234 career AHL games and recording 48 points (8 goals, 48 assists) and 207 penalty minutes. Baldwin (6'5", 225 lbs) played three seasons of junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers of the Western Hockey League, where he played for Texas Stars head coach Willie Desjardins. He was a member of the Medicine Hat squad that won the 2007 WHL Championship and went to the 2007 Memorial Cup Tournament.
Texas returns to action on Saturday, December 29th as they host the first place Charlotte Checkers for a 7:00 p.m. faceoff at Cedar Park Center. Saturday's game is the 2013 Stars Calendar Giveaway night, a Family Four Pack Night and features a post-game open ice session. Pro-rated full and partial 2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2012
- Smith and Admirals Shut Down Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Send Rivermen Sailing - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Prevail over Marlies in Battle of Division Leaders - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dumont, Bulldogs Power Past IceCaps 6-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Power Past Admirals 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Fall in Shootout to Barons, 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Win Streak Halted - Adirondack Phantoms
- Checkers Extend Point Streak in Overtime Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- Toronto Falls to Grand Rapids 3-2 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Houston Aeros Win 3-2 in Overtime over Charlotte - Houston Aeros
- Amerks Top Monsters in Front of Record-Setting Crowd - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Nibble Past Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Late Goal Downs Devils - Albany Devils
- Monsters Can't Solve Americans, Fall in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Fall to Bulldogs - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Fall to Syracuse, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Matsumoto's Late Game-Winner Lifts Sharks over Monarch - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Beat Devils, 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Set Franchise Attendance Record at First Niagara Center in Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Defeat Phantoms 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Roadtrip Preview vs Chicago and Peoria - Abbotsford Heat
- Stars Sign Defenseman Gord Baldwin to PTO - Texas Stars
- Griffins Host Barons Next Friday to Conclude Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds Two January Games to American Hockey League Broadcast Schedule - AHL
- Bears, ABC-27 Announce 2013 Television Broadcast Schedule - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Assign Ferland to Brandon Wheat Kings - Abbotsford Heat
- "Roc" in the New Year with the Amerks on Monday, December 31 - Rochester Americans
- Barons to Skate Outside at Devon Ice Rink on December 29 - Oklahoma City Barons
- IceCaps Re-Assign Ray Kaunisto to Colorado Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- Houston Aeros Recall Petersen from Orlando - Houston Aeros
- Syracuse Crunch Announce the Details of Autism Speaks Autism Awareness Night - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.