Stampede Acquires Free Agent Jerrelle Benimon
BOISE, Idaho (November 18, 2014) - The Idaho Stampede announced today that the team has acquired free-agent forward Jerrelle Benimon. Forward Jack Cooley has been placed on the inactive list due to a thumb injury he sustained in last week's season opener.
Benimon (6-8, 245, Towson) played two years at Georgetown (2009-11) before transferring to Towson. During his junior season, Benimon averaged 17.1 points and 11.2 rebounds, earning him the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year award. He returned to Towson for his senior year and was named the CAA Player of the Year for the second consecutive season, averaging 18.7 points and 11.2 rebounds.
The Warrenton, VA., native played with the Miami Heat at the NBA Summer League in Orlando and with the Denver Nuggets at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. After making Denver's preseason roster, he was waived on October 22.
Benimon will wear number 50 and is expected to travel with the Stampede this weekend for a double-header with the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2014
- Stampede Acquires Free Agent Jerrelle Benimon - Idaho Stampede
- NBA Development League Tips off 2014-15 Season with Redesigned Website, App - G League
- Grant Jerrett Re-Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Houston Rockets Assign Nick Johnson to the NBA D-League's Rio Grande Valley - G League
- Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Rockets Assign Johnson to the Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Westchester Knicks Inaugural Home Opener Tomorrow - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Announce 2014-15 Charitable Partners - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.