Spurs Wrangle Bulls on Day One of Showcase
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Jan. 10, 2018 - The Austin Spurs (15-10) defeated the Windy City Bulls (9-14), 119-108, in Game 3 of NBA G League Showcase 2018.
In the win, Jaron Blossomgame led all scorers with 26 points on 7-of-10 shooting to go with six rebounds while Darrun Hilliard contributed 20 points and 12 assists. Six Spurs tallied double figures, including reserve Jeff Ledbetter, who went 4-of-8 from three-point range.
After a first quarter which featured seven lead changes and three ties, the Spurs led the rest of the game and by as many as 21. After three quarters, the Bulls trimmed the deficit 87-84 but were outscored 32-24 in the final quarter.
Windy City was led by Jaylen Johnson's 22-point, 15-rebound effort. Antonio Blakeney notched a team-best 23 points and Jarell Eddie recorded 21 points for the Bulls.
Austin closes out its Showcase against the Wisconsin Herd on Friday at 1 p.m. ET on Eleven Sports. Windy City plays its final Showcase game on Thursday at
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2018
- Red Claws Fall at Showcase - Maine Red Claws
- Canton Falls to Iowa at Showcase - Canton Charge
- Bigs Lead Legends in Stampede over Herd - Texas Legends
- WARRIORS HOLD OFF DRIVE IN SHOWCASE OPENER - Grand Rapids Drive
- Spurs Wrangle Bulls on Day One of Showcase - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Top Sioux Falls Skyforce, Clinch 2017-18 Southwest Division Title
- Austin Spurs Defeat Iowa Wolves 103-90
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Host Fan Appreciation and Go Red Night in Final Game of the Regular Season
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs