WARRIORS HOLD OFF DRIVE IN SHOWCASE OPENER
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Jan. 10, 2018 - The Santa Cruz Warriors (16-10) defeated the Grand Rapids Drive (13-14), 94-92, to tip off 2018 NBA G League Showcase.
Quinn Cook scored a game-high 25 points and added nine assists and Georges Niang posted 19 points and six rebounds for Santa Cruz, which won its fourth straight game.
Marcus Thornton came off the bench to score a team-best 23 points in the losing effort. Reserve KJ McDaniels notched a double-double consisting of 18 points and 10 rebounds, while Jamel Morris finished with 18 points and six rebounds.
After a first quarter which featured three lead changes and three ties, the Warriors led the rest of the game and by as many as 17. But the Drive cut the deficit to one point in the final minute before Cook hit a running layup to pad the Warriors' lead.
Santa Cruz closes out its Showcase against Raptors 905 on Thursday at 12 p.m. ET on ESPNU. Grand Rapids plays its final Showcase game on Friday at 7 p.m. ET on Facebook Live.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2018
- Red Claws Fall at Showcase - Maine Red Claws
- Canton Falls to Iowa at Showcase - Canton Charge
- Bigs Lead Legends in Stampede over Herd - Texas Legends
- WARRIORS HOLD OFF DRIVE IN SHOWCASE OPENER - Grand Rapids Drive
- Spurs Wrangle Bulls on Day One of Showcase - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive's Landry Nnoko Named 2017-18 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Detroit Pistons Memorialize the Basketball Career of Zeke Upshaw with Honorary Call-Up
- Grand Rapids Drive Mourns the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Statement from Family of Zeke Upshaw
- Zeke Upshaw Update