Sporting KC Weekly
Winners of two straight matches, first-place Sporting Kansas City (13-5-7, 46 points) will return to Children's Mercy Park on Sunday to host second-place Seattle Sounders FC (13-5-6, 45 points) in a monumental Western Conference clash presented by Sun Solar. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. CT as a pair of MLS Cup contenders square off in Sporting's biggest game of the season to date.
Tickets for the marquee matchup are available at SeatGeek.com as Sporting and The Victory Project celebrate Kick Childhood Cancer Night, featuring an Honoree Homecoming with a VIP experience for over 165 previous Victory Project Honorees and their families.
FS1, FOX Deportes and the FOX Sports app will show the game live nationally, while ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM will air local radio broadcasts with The Final Whistle postgame show immediately following on 94.5 FM. The Sporting KC app will provide additional in-game updates and exclusive offers.
At 6 p.m. CT on Tuesday, Sporting Kansas City forward Daniel Salloi will join hosts Nate Bukaty, Aly Trost and Conall McCourt for a new episode of the Sporting Kansas City Show presented by BODYARMOR. The MLS All-Star winger will reflect on the club's recent success, preview Sunday's match against Seattle and share how BODYARMOR meets his hydration needs as a high-performance athlete. The Sporting KC Show Podcast is available on Spotify, iTunes and SportingKC.com, giving supporters a weekly destination to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
Sporting Kansas City II (4-14-7, 19 points) will resume their USL Championship campaign on Friday, hosting Central Division rivals FC Tulsa (12-10-2, 38 points) in a 7 p.m. CT kickoff at Children's Mercy Park. The match will stream live on ESPN Plus and fans can follow @SportingKCII on Twitter for in-game updates.
The first chapter of the regional rivalry between Sporting Kansas City and St. Louis City SC will take place Saturday at Swope Soccer Village when the Sporting KC Academy U-17s host the St. Louis City U-17s at 2 p.m. CT. Admission is free and open to the public. Fans can follow @SKCAcademy on Twitter for live updates Saturday and throughout the MLS NEXT season.
For news, videos, photos and instant updates throughout the 2021 season, follow Sporting Kansas City on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and download the official Sporting KC app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 20, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC Midfielder Nicolás Lodeiro Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Begin Three-Game Homestand on Wednesday Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 20 Ã¢ÂÂ September 26 - Chicago Fire FC
- Leagues Cup Final Rosters Announced: Seattle Sounders FC and Club León Head to Las Vegas - MLS
- Inter Miami CF to Host Ã¢ÂÂCelebra tu Patria - Hispanic Heritage Night Presented by EspolònÃ¢ÂÂ on September 22ÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Midfielder Chofis Named MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC to Host Frontline Heroes Appreciation Night, Presented by BMO - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Midfielder Eduardo López Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 26 - MLS
- MNUFC Youth Development Program Announce 2021-22 MLS Next Season Schedule and Roster - Minnesota United FC
- Set Piece King Jack Price Named to MLS Team of the Week Bench - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Timbers Defender Larrys Mabiala Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 26 - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC Weekly
- Sporting KC Suffers 2-1 Loss in Vancouver
- Sporting to Visit Vancouver on Sunday
- USWNT Announces Roster for October 21 Match at Children's Mercy Park
- Sporting KC Weekly