Sporting KC Launches "KC as One" Mask Campaign with Harvesters
Ahead of the highly anticipated Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs and a Western Conference quarterfinal showdown against the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at Children's Mercy Park, Sporting Kansas City has partnered with Harvesters - The Community Food Network to launch the "KC As One" mask campaign. The community initiative will help feed those in need throughout the holiday season while also supporting public health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beginning today, supporters can visit SportingKC.com/KCAsOne to purchase a limited-edition "KC As One" facemask. Proceeds from mask sales will go to Harvesters, a regional food bank serving the entire Kansas City region. For every mask sold, Harvesters will be able to provide up to 18 meals for individuals and families in need.
By purchasing a "KC As One" facemask, fans can protect themselves and others amidst the pandemic and help Harvesters provide meals at emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children's homes and elsewhere.
"KC As One" facemasks are available for $10 while supplies last. Masks will be available for pickup at the following locations:
Sporting KC Front Office: 2020 Baltimore Ave., Kansas City, Mo. 64108 (streetside lobby)
Children's Mercy Park: 1 Sporting Way, Kansas City, Kan. 66111 (Budweiser Brew House)
Pickup on the Toyota Plaza for fans attending the Sporting KC playoff match on Sunday at Children's Mercy Park
Fans can also have their masks shipped to their respective homes. The cost of shipping will be added to the final total.
The "KC As One" mask campaign is the latest initiative tied to Sporting Serves, a philanthropic platform that Sporting Kansas City launched in April in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Sporting Serves has seen Sporting KC and The Victory Project-the club's flagship charitable foundation -- join several community partners to serve Kansas Citians through a variety of programs. Sporting KC leverages the Sporting Serves platform to build relationships with local and national partners and nonprofits, supporting and serving those in need during the pandemic and beyond.
Harvesters is a certified member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks. In 2011, Harvesters was named Feeding America's Food Bank of the Year. To learn more about the nonprofit organization, click here.
Sporting will begin their postseason journey on Sunday, hosting San Jose at 3 p.m. CT. The highly anticipated matchup will be shown live national on FS1, FOX Deportes and the FOX Sports app in addition to airing locally on ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2020
- Playoff Update: First Round in the West - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 16, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Playoff Activation Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Experience Key to Inter Miami Ahead of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting KC Launches "KC as One" Mask Campaign with Harvesters - Sporting Kansas City
- Robert Beric and Mauricio Pineda Announced as 2020 Chicago Fire FC Award Winners - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Forward Diego Rossi Named AT&T MLS Young Player of the Year - Los Angeles FC
- LAFC Forward Diego Rossi Named AT&T MLS Young Player of the Year - MLS
- Know Your Opponent: New York City FC - Orlando City SC
- Philadelphia Union's Andre Blake Voted Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union's Andre Blake Voted Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - MLS
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- New York City FC and the YES Network to Debut "NYCFC - Home for the CityÃ¢ÂÂÃÂ Playoff Preview on Tuesday, November 17ÃÂ on YES - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.