Sporting KC and Hallmark Announce Partnership
Sporting Kansas City and Hallmark announced a creative new partnership on Tuesday designed to align the brands around opportunities to put more care into the world by reaching fans, players and families across the soccer community.
"Both Hallmark and Sporting Kansas City are perfectly positioned to reach the Kansas City and greater Midwest community with messages of kindness and caring," said Lindsey Roy, chief marketing officer - Hallmark Greetings. "Cards are a tangible example of how easy it is to brighten someone's day or even their world. Our hope with this partnership is to reach as many people as possible through the unique intersections where greeting cards can positively impact the soccer community to inject some positivity into the world."
"On behalf of Sporting Kansas City, we are thrilled to formally partner with Hallmark," said Justin Compton, Sporting KC's Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. "Sporting Kansas City hopes to provide a positive outlet to Hallmark's vision and continue to explore new ways to reach fans of both brands within the local community and beyond."
The industry leaders will team up on a wide variety of initiatives over the course of the two-year partnership, including support of The Victory Project to help children battling cancer and Sporting Salutes to honor the service and sacrifice of military members and their families, as well as collaboration on social media campaigns and special events where greeting cards can bring more care through the soccer community.
Founded in 1910 and headquartered in Kansas City since its inception, Hallmark was ranked on Forbes' list of America's most reputable brands in 2018 and was also named Greeting Card Brand of the Year for the eighth year in a row.
Sporting Kansas City has reached the MLS Cup Playoffs for eight straight seasons, most recently securing a first-place finish in the Western Conference in 2018. Following a 3-0 victory over Deportivo Toluca FC on Thursday in the Concacaf Champions League, the club's MLS home opener is set for March 10 at Children's Mercy Park.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2019
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Chevron - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Justin Portillo from Real Monarchs SLC - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Announce Updates to 2019 Audi Field Bag Policy - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Signs 25th Homegrown Player Dante Sealy - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Introduces Their New Mascot: Gary - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Issues Statement on Forward Ola Kamara - LA Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Announce New Partnership with Steaz Organic Energy Drinks - Philadelphia Union
- SportsTime Ohio & FOX Sports Ohio Will Produce Columbus Crew SC Matches Beginning with Opening Match on March 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Adds Three New Corporate Partners - FC Cincinnati
- Banc of California Stadium Teams up with Parkwhiz to Provide LAFC Fans New and Improved 2019 Parking - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Saad Abdul-Salaam - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Waives Defender Jordan McCrary - Seattle Sounders FC
- Dynamo Open Home Schedule vs. CD Guastatoya in CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Tabs WDJO as "Flagship Radio Stationâ? for 2019-20 - FC Cincinnati
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Aim to Advance in SCCL Tournament - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC and Hallmark Announce Partnership - Sporting Kansas City
- Know Your Opponent | New York City FC - Orlando City SC
- #MLSisBack 2019: Every Game Matters - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting Suffers Defeat on the Road against the LA Galaxy
- Preview: Sporting and LA Set for Sunday Night Showdown
- Sporting KC Falls 2-1 on the Road to Portland Timbers
- Russell Header Lifts Sporting to 1-0 Win over Houston
- Sporting Signs Homegrown Midfielder Felipe Hernandez