Spirit Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
Saginaw, Michigan - The Saginaw Spirit, in conjunction with the Ontario Hockey League, released their 2018-19 regular season schedule Tuesday.
The 68-game docket features 34 home games to be played at the crown jewel of Saginaw's beautiful Riverfront, The Dow Event Center.
"This is an excellent schedule for Saginaw in many ways." said Spirit President and Managing Partner Craig Goslin. "We took tremendous strides last year and wish to invite the entire Great Lakes Bay Region to come be part of the action and "Catch the 2018-2019 Spirit!"
The season begins at home on Wednesday, September 19, when the Spirit welcome their 2018 playoff foe, Soo Greyhounds to The Dow Event Center to begin the 17th season in the Spirit's history. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
The first road game of the season will take place at WFCU Centre in Windsor as the Spirit face the Spitfires on Thursday, September 27.
The Spirit will play 18 of their 34 home games on Saturday night this season. Furthermore, the Spirit will play three (3) times on Wednesday, two (2) times on Thursday, four (4) times on Friday, and seven (7) times on Sunday.
Puck drop for all non-Sunday home games is 7:05 p.m. Sunday home games begin at 5:30 p.m.
Saginaw plays 30 games within the West Division with eight games (four home and four road) against Flint, Sault Ste. Marie, and Windsor. The Spirit play the Sarnia Sting six times (three home and three road). The Saginaw Spirit play 18 games within the Midwest Division with four games (two home and two road) against Erie, London, Kitchener, and Guelph. The Spirit will play two games against the Owen Sound Attack (one home and one road). Saginaw plays 20 games within the Eastern Conference, playing each opponent once at home and once on the road.
COORS LIGHT I-75 DIVIDE CUP
After locking up the Coors Light I-75 Divide Cup Series 7 games to 1 over the Flint Firebirds last season, the Spirit defend the cup for the first time Wednesday, October 3rd at The Dort Federal Event Center. The Spirit host Flint on Saturday, October 20th at The Dow Event Center at 7:05 p.m. Future dates against the Firebirds are the following:
- Wed. Nov. 14 @ Flint 7:00
- Sun Dec. 30 vs. Flint 5:30
- Wed. Jan. 2 @ Flint 7:00
- Fri. Feb. 1 @ Flint 7:00
- Sat. Feb. 2 vs. Flint 7:05
- Wed. Feb 13 vs. Flint 7:05
COVENEANT KIDS SUNDAY
The Spirit will have seven (7) "Covenant Kids Sundays" this season in partnership with the Saginaw Art Museum. There will be pregame face painting, t-shirt making, bounce houses, and kid-friendly activities, with the Budweiser Red Room open for food and refreshments.
Craig Goslin continues: "We think we have a very fan-friendly schedule this season, with 29 of our 34 home games being played on a Friday night or Weekend. We are presenting to our fans, 18 Saturday night home games, as well as hosting seven Sunday late afternoon/early evening home games at 5:30 p.m. We also reduced "three games in three nights" situations down to just three times during the season."
Single game tickets for preseason and regular season go on sale Monday, August 20 at the Saginaw Spirit Store at 5789 State Street and online at www.saginawspirit.com
CHL Special Events not listed within the official schedule but should be noted include the CIBC Canada Russia Series in OHL markets on Thursday November 8 in Sarnia, and Monday November 12 in Oshawa. The 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game takes place this season in Red Deer, Alberta, on Wednesday January 23, while the 2019 Memorial Cup will be played for May 16-26 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and will feature the OHL champion along with the host Mooseheads, the Western Hockey League champion, and the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champion.
The entire 2018-19 OHL Regular Season Schedule can be found online at www.ontariohockeyleague.com.
For tickets and more information:
Reserve your seat at The Dow Event Center by calling (989) 497-7747 or visit www.saginawspirit.com for more information. YOUR Region. YOUR team. YOU'RE invited.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Oulahen Named to Canada's National Summer Under-18 Team Coaching Staff - Flint Firebirds
- Piercey Commits to the Colts - Barrie Colts
- London Knights Announce 2018-2019 Schedule - London Knights
- Battalion Releases Schedule - North Bay Battalion
- Full 2018-19 Sting Schedule Released - Sarnia Sting
- Alumni Profile: David Ling - Kingston Frontenacs
- 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Mississauga Steelheads
- Battalion Releases Schedule - North Bay Battalion
- 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule Released - Oshawa Generals
- Full 2018-19 Schedule Announced - Flint Firebirds
- Full 2018-19 Schedule Announced - Owen Sound Attack
- 2018-19 Official Schedule Released - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Announce 2018-2019 Season Schedule - Ottawa 67's
- Kitchener Rangers Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Kitchener Rangers
- Full 2018-19 Petes Regular Season Schedule Released - Peterborough Petes
- Otters, OHL Release 2018-19 Season Schedule - Erie Otters
- 2018-19 Sudbury Wolves Schedule Released - Sudbury Wolves
- Full 2018-19 Schedule Announced - Windsor Spitfires
- Spirit Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Saginaw Spirit
- 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule Released - Guelph Storm
- 2018-19 Niagara IceDogs Regular Season Schedule Announced - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saginaw Spirit Stories
- Spirit Score Three Power Play Goals in 5-1 Win over Sting
- Game Two Preview: Spirit Leaders Sort out Rocky Start to Game One, Look to Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Spirit Take Game One in Comeback Win over Sting
- Playoff Preview: Spirit, Sting Open #OHLPlayoffs Thursday in Saginaw
- Lennox Makes Career-High 47 Saves in Regular Season Finale