Sox Even Out the Series
Amarillo, TX - The Laredo Lemurs (26-32) score 11 runs but it's not enough as the Amarillo Sox (32- 28) go on to even out the series with a 14-11 win on Friday night at Amarillo National Bank Sox Stadium.
With the Sox up 7-4 through five, they came up to the plate in the bottom of the fifth and scored seven to put the game out of range making the score 14-4.
The Lemurs tried to mount a comeback in the seventh and eighth innings, as they scored four runs in the seventh, which was topped off by a Uriak Marquez two run homerun to right. Marquise went three for four on the night, with a triple, a single, and a homerun, he had three RBI's on the night.
In the eighth Stephen Douglas topped a three run inning with a two run homerun of his own to make it a 14-11 game. Douglas went three for five, with two homeruns, and four RBI's.
Lemurs starting pitcher Tony Butler (0-2) took the loss, going two and a third, giving up six runs, on six hits.
Sox starting pitcher Chuck Lofgren (4-3) picked up the win, going six, giving up four runs, and striking out three Lemurs. Lofgren also had the chance to hit in the game picking up a single in the sixth.
The Lemurs will play Amarillo through Sunday. They will return home for a six game home stand starting on July 23, against the Lincoln Saltdogs. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 20, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Sheldon Strong, 'Dogs Win Nail Biter on Play at Plate - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Diablos Rally In Ninth Falls Short - El Paso Diablos
- Garceau Stymies Grand Prairie - Kansas City T-Bones
- T-Bones Snap One AirHogs Streak, Extend Another - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Even Out the Series - Laredo Lemurs
- Wingnuts Fall to RedHawks - Wichita Wingnuts
- Two Homers Power Pheasants over Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Tsamis Wins 500th as Saints Manager with Team's Sixth Straight, 7-3 - St. Paul Saints
- Fish Clipped by Pheasants, Series Even - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Game Postponed; Doubleheader Saturday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos Announce July 20-22 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Saltdogs Enjoy Encouraging Lincoln Kids to Read - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Matt Nevarez Purchased by Rays - Wichita Wingnuts
- Blue Jays Sign Pheasants Closer Evans - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Pheasants Lose Late Lead to Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Power Past Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.