South Bay Maps out a Win against the Legends
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers put together a complete game in their win over the Texas Legends, 123-113, on Wednesday night. Svi Mykhailiuk finished with 29 points (7-9 3FG) to lead the Lakers (4-7) to the win. Ray Spalding grabbed a double-double for the Legends (5-6) with 13 points and 15 rebounds in the loss.
Mykhailiuk came out of the gates firing, shooting a perfect 4-4 from beyond the arc to finish with 12 points in the first quarter, contributing to a 30-24 Lakers lead after one. Rashad Vaughn handled the early scoring for Texas with 13 first quarter points. Mykhailiuk and Johnathan Williams combined for 16 points in the second quarter as South Bay went into the half with a 62-52 lead.
Moe Wagner dominated the third quarter with 17 points (7-8 FG, 3-4 3FG) as the Lakers extended their lead, 104-80, going into the fourth. Texas put up a fight in the fourth, as they outscored South Bay by 14 points, led by 13 from Keith Hornsby, but the Lakers did enough to finish with the home victory.
Spalding's double-double paced the Legends while Vaughn led the team in scoring with 20 points and Jameel Warney added a double-double of his own with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Hornsby (19 points) and Daryl Macon (15 points) also finished in double figures for the Legends.
Mykhailiuk's 29 points guided the Lakers to the win and Wagner put up a solid game with 21 points, three rebounds and seven assists. Jemerrio Jones recorded his fourth double-double with 10 points, 14 rebounds, nine assists, two steals and three blocks. Isaac Bonga also did a bit of everything, finishing with nine points, eight rebounds, six assists, two steals and a block. Williams tallied a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds as Marcus Allen also finished in double figures with 13 points.
The South Bay Lakers will hit the road for a three-game trip, starting with a matchup against the Memphis Hustle on Saturday, December 1 at 5:00pm PT from the Landers Center in Southaven, MS.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2018
- Vipers Get the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Raptors 905 Storms Back to Defeat Mad Ants, 136-116 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Alkins Career Night Lifts Windy City Past Maine, 106-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Just Short - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd to Honor Service Members with Military-Themed Jersey on December 7 - Wisconsin Herd
- Brandon Goodwin Called up by Denver Nuggets - Memphis Hustle
- Detroit Pistons Assign Luke Kennard to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Phoenix Suns Recall De'Anthony Melton from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Swarm, Piedmont Triad International Airport Continue Partnership for Second Season - Greensboro Swarm
- Gabriel, Williams Making Most of Opportunities - Stockton Kings
- Erie's Jones and Raptors 905's Ofoegbu Suspended - G League
- Erie's Jones and Raptors 905's Ofoegbu Suspended - Erie BayHawks
- South Bay Maps out a Win against the Legends - South Bay Lakers
- Lakers Use Big Three to Best Texas - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.