Greensboro Swarm, Piedmont Triad International Airport Continue Partnership for Second Season
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, today announced it has partnered with Piedmont Triad International Airport (PTI) for the second straight season. The relationship will once again see in-game promotions, tickets and Box Office signage at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum for the 2018-19 season.
"We are excited to build off last season and work with PTI again," Swarm President Steve Swetoha said. "We take great pride in a family-friendly, exciting environment at the Fieldhouse and the PTI promotions play a large part in our in-game experience. We are fortunate to have a terrific airport to service the entire Triad and support the needs of Greensboro."
"We are excited to partner with the Greensboro Swarm," said Stephanie Freeman, Marketing & Customer Relations Manager. "PTI is the Triad's airport and has always been a strong supporter of the local community. We welcome the chance to participate in fun and engaging activities with Swarm fans, especially the PTI Flyaway Challenge. Not only will one lucky winner get to watch the Hornets play on the road but they'll also experience all that PTI has to offer during their travels. It's an amazing opportunity and we're proud to partner with the Swarm to make it happen."
Fans will compete against each other in a PTI themed promotion for the first 23 home games at the Fieldhouse. Winners from the contests will be invited back for the regular-season finale (March 23), where one individual will win round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations for a 2019-20 Charlotte Hornets away game. That winner will have a 'golden ticket' in a PTI branded envelope that will be distributed randomly on-court to the returning contest winners.
Last season's winner, William Harris, witnessed the Hornets defeat the Pistons in Detroit at Little Caesars Arena on Sunday, November 11.
Additionally, signage at the Fieldhouse box office highlights Spirit Airlines as PTI became the airlines 66th service station back in September. Spirit offers service to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Tampa International Airport (TPA).
The Swarm returns to the Fieldhouse for a weekend back-to-back. On Friday, November 30, the team hosts the Long Island Nets at 7 p.m. Then on Saturday, December 1, the Westchester Knicks visit for a 7 p.m. tip.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2018
- Vipers Get the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Raptors 905 Storms Back to Defeat Mad Ants, 136-116 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Alkins Career Night Lifts Windy City Past Maine, 106-105 - Windy City Bulls
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Just Short - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd to Honor Service Members with Military-Themed Jersey on December 7 - Wisconsin Herd
- Brandon Goodwin Called up by Denver Nuggets - Memphis Hustle
- Detroit Pistons Assign Luke Kennard to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Phoenix Suns Recall De'Anthony Melton from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Swarm, Piedmont Triad International Airport Continue Partnership for Second Season - Greensboro Swarm
- Gabriel, Williams Making Most of Opportunities - Stockton Kings
- Erie's Jones and Raptors 905's Ofoegbu Suspended - G League
- Erie's Jones and Raptors 905's Ofoegbu Suspended - Erie BayHawks
- South Bay Maps out a Win against the Legends - South Bay Lakers
- Lakers Use Big Three to Best Texas - Texas Legends
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Connor Burchfield
- Chinanu Onuaku to Participate in February Training Camp for USA Basketball's Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws End Swarm Streak