South Bay Lakers Acquire Spencer Hawes
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired forward Spencer Hawes off waivers, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.
Hawes played in 54 games (one start) for the Charlotte Hornets and Milwaukee Bucks during the 2016-17 NBA season, averaging 6.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 14.8 minutes. Drafted 10th overall by the Sacramento Kings in the 2007 NBA Draft, Hawes owns career averages of 8.7 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.0 blocks in 684 career games (368 starts) for the Kings, 76ers, Cavaliers, Clippers, Hornets and Bucks.
To make room on the roster for Hawes, Joel Berry II has been removed from the active roster due to season ending injury. The team will retain his NBA G League rights and he will continue his rehab with South Bay.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 2, 2019
- Westchester Earns Big Road Win over Wisconsin - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Tastes Victory in Win over Salt Lake City - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Fall to Lakers in Second Game of Back-To-Back - Salt Lake City Stars
- Swarm Fall to Nets in Fifth Home Sellout of the Season - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester Dispatches Wisconsin, 123-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Wipe Away Charge's Streak - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Spencer Hawes - South Bay Lakers
- Timberwolves Recall Robert Covington from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Alex Poythress Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Stage Second Half Rally to Defeat Memphis Hustle, 114-93 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stars Edged by Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.