South Bay Lakers Acquire James Southerland, Rights to Scott Wood from Santa Cruz
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired James Southerland and the returning player rights to Scott Wood from the Santa Cruz Warriors in exchange for their original first round pick in the 2018 NBA G League Draft, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.
In 34 games (11 starts) with Santa Cruz this season, Southerland has posted averages of 10.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 27.4 minutes per game. The 6-foot-8 forward returns to South Bay having previously spent the 2013-14 season with the organization where he averaged 14.7 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 42 games (14 starts). Southerland received a Gatorade Call Up to the New Orleans Pelicans during his lone season with South Bay.
Wood spent the 2016-17 season with Santa Cruz, playing in all 50 games (49 starts) and posting averages of 14.0 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 30.2 minutes while shooting 43.0 percent from three-point range. The North Carolina State alum most recently played 18 games for Pinar Karsiyaka in Turkey, where he averaged 8.6 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 26.8 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2018
- Troy Williams Leads High-Energy Vipers Past the Blue - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Surging Skyforce Roll Past Hustle for Fourth Straight Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Olekaibe's Career Night Helps Canton Top Delaware - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire James Southerland, Rights to Scott Wood from Santa Cruz - South Bay Lakers
- Memphis Hustle Announce 'Double Duty Deal' with Tanger Outlets - Memphis Hustle
- Herd Acquires Brandon Jennings - Wisconsin Herd
- 87ers Bow to Greensboro 119-114 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Erie BayHawks Announce Plans for Salute to Pittsburgh Night - Erie BayHawks
- South Bay Messes with Texas for Legendary Win - South Bay Lakers
- Legends Wrap up West Coast Road Trip in Second Place - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bay Lakers Stories
- Thomas Bryant and Alex Caruso Headline All-NBA G League Teams
- South Bay Lakers Drop Western Conference Finals
- South Bay Plays Its Cards Right, Advances to West Finals
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Travis Wear from South Bay
- South Bay Blows out Blue to Advance to Second Round