Sounders FC Announces 2019 Matchday Themes
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC today announced its collection of themed matchdays for the 2019 season, including dates for the club's annual Pride match, among others. The theme days also include the continuation of the Sounders FC and Seattle Mariners Doubleheader promotion, scheduled for April 13.
Today Sounders FC announced its 2019 matchday themes, as well as the return of the club's Doubleheader promotion with the Seattle Mariners.
Six matches in 2019 are set to feature special themes, which are listed below. Additional, more specific details regarding each game's activities will be released in the days leading up to each match:
April 13 vs. Toronto FC: Kids Day, Sounders FC and Seattle Mariners Doubleheader
Sounders FC celebrates its young fans with a day set to feature a host of special activities and entertainment tailored toward kids, including the debut of a new space for the Forever Green Kids Club, presented by Delta Dental. Additionally, the match marks the return of the Sounders FC and Seattle Mariners Doubleheader. Now in its third year, this special promotion has the Rave Green teaming up with the next-door neighbor Mariners to provide fans the chance for a full day of Seattle sports. The package contains a 300-level ticket to Sounders FC's early afternoon match against Toronto, a 100-level ticket to see the Mariners versus the Houston Astros later in the evening, and an exclusive pair of team co-branded Doubleheader socks - all for $50. Fans can access the deal at www.SoundersFC.com/Mariners.
April 24 vs. San Jose Earthquakes, presented by Washington Federal: Heritage Match
Sounders FC highlights its rivalry with the Earthquakes and the competition for the Heritage Cup. Stadium elements will be themed to the club's 1983 logo and matchday sponsor Washington Federal is set to give away a Heritage-themed hat to the first 12,000 fans. The match also marks the first of two occasions in which Sounders FC is wearing its new Nightfall kits at home this season.
June 29 vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC, presented by Starbucks: Pride
Dedicated to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, Sounders FC's annual Pride match is a fan favorite, and this year is scheduled to take place the day before the Seattle Pride Parade, giving fans a chance to celebrate Pride all weekend long. Matchday elements centered around Pride and the celebration of equality are planned, with additional details released in the future.
July 14 vs. Atlanta United FC: RAVE Foundation
Highlighting RAVE Foundation, the official charitable arm of Sounders FC, this match gives fans a chance to learn more about RAVE's programs that use soccer to meet the needs of underserved communities throughout the Puget Sound region, including its goal to invest in soccer fields for free play.
September 18 vs. FC Dallas, presented by Zulily: Kick Childhood Cancer
Sounders FC and MLS again go gold in the month of September to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research. At this match, the club and matchday sponsor Zulily contributes inspiring and empowering experiences for youth and their families who are battling cancer.
October 6 vs. Minnesota United FC: Fan Appreciation
On Decision Day 2019, Sounders FC continues its tradition of celebrating its dedicated fans with special moments and giveaways featured throughout the game, including the presentation of 2019 Sounders FC Fan of the Year following the match.
Each of these special matches is set to be full of unique matchday elements and activities relating to its theme. Fans can expect more specific details for the matches to be released leading up to each game.
Following back-to-back home wins to open the 2019 campaign, Sounders FC hits the road for the first time this season to face the Chicago Fire on Saturday, March 16 at SeatGeek Stadium (10:00 a.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 in Leg Two of SCCL Quarterfinals, Falls 3-1 on Aggregate to C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- Lodeiro and Svensson Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Announces 2019 Matchday Themes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Ticket Sales Pass 30,000 for FC Cincinnati's MLS Home Debut on Sunday - FC Cincinnati
- Three Atlanta United Players Called-Up for International Duty - Atlanta United FC
- Mexican National Team to Face Ecuador at Arlington's AT&T Stadium on June 9th in First of Four Annual Games - FC Dallas
- Preview: Sporting Set for Champions League Quarterfinal Clash - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City SC Strengthens Portfolio with New, Returning Club Partners - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC and Element Electronics Kick off Landmark Partnership - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Fall 1-0 (3-0 Aggregate) to Tigres UANL in SCCL Quarterfinal Series - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Drops First Match of 2019 Season in 4-1 Loss to Los Angeles FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019
- Sounders FC to Open Full Stadium Capacity for Four Matches in 2019 MLS Regular Season
- Sounders FC Comes from Behind to Secure 3-2 Victory over Toronto FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019