Sounders FC and Therabody Announce New Multi-Year Partnership
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today announced that it has entered into a new partnership with Therabody, making the innovative global tech wellness company the Official Recovery Partner of the Rave Green in a multi-year deal.
The partnership provides Sounders FC's players and training staff with access to Therabody's cutting-edge devices; education sessions with performance and wellness experts from Therabody University, the company's educational division; and a special insider content series to allow fans behind-the-scenes looks into the club's training and recovery processes.
"Sounders FC has always prided itself on innovation, ingenuity and exploring all available avenues to help our players perform to their highest levels," said Sounders FC General Manager & President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey. "This partnership with Therabody encompasses these values and will be another invaluable resource as we work toward bringing more championships home to Seattle. Our training staff is excited to come together with Therabody's products and specialists to give every player the best and most advanced treatment possible."
"Our medical and performance staff is responsible for keeping players performing their best over the course of a very long season, and we're thrilled to join with Therabody on that mission," said Sounders FC Vice President of Sports Medicine & Head Athletic Trainer Chris Cornish. "The team already loves using the Theragun and RecoveryAir Pro devices in their recovery routines and this partnership gives me and my staff an even greater ability to support the needs of our athletes, from at the training grounds to on flights to in-home. We're looking forward to the many ways that Therabody and its products will contribute to the club's success going forward."
While Therabody hosts a robust roster of international football clubs and players within its network, this new partnership with Sounders FC marks the first official collaboration between the company and a men's professional football club in the United States.
"Soccer demands so much from an athlete's body and mind - endurance, technique, and the psychological skills needed to anticipate the opponent's next move - the Sounders FC players are incredible athletes and know they need to take the time to recover so they can improve their overall performance," explained Therabody Founder and Chief Wellness Officer Dr. Jason Wersland. "I'm thrilled that Rave Green is so passionate about enhancing their wellness regimen, and look forward to seeing how Therabody solutions will make them an even better team on the field."
Therabody's ecosystem of industry-leading devices and solutions are now available at will for Sounders FC, whether within team training facilities, on the sidelines or for players at their homes. These technologies include Theragun - the world's first handheld percussive massage therapy device - RecoveryAir pneumatic compression boots, and PowerDot adhesive electrical stimulation pads.
As part of the partnership, the club is also participating in Therabody University, receiving invaluable education sessions on effectively integrating Therabody's solutions into training and recovery routines. Therabody's experts will work with the Sounders FC training staff to develop specific protocols and optimize use of Therabody devices so the players can improve recovery and enhance their overall performance.
Additionally, fans are able to experience the club's new state-of-the-art efforts through a content series on the team's Instagram account, providing a behind-the-scenes look at how the team is incorporating Therabody products into its training for and recovery from matches.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 27, 2021
- LAFC Takes on Minnesota United Tomorrow, July 28 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Los Angeles FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Acquires $1 Million in Allocation Money from Colorado in Exchange for Mark-Anthony Kaye - Los Angeles FC
- Sporting KC Welcomes Patrick Mahomes as Member of Sporting Club Ownership Group - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Forward Foster Langsdorf Retires - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Signs New Contract with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Rapids Acquire Canadian International Mark-Anthony Kaye - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC and Therabody Announce New Multi-Year Partnership - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- The Pitch: Portland's Valeri Among MLS Greatest with 100thÃÂ Career Goal - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Falls Short in Leagues Cup Final, Losing 3-2 to Club León in Las Vegas
- Sounders FC Takes on Liga MX Side Club León in 2021 Leagues Cup Final
- Sounders FC Midfielder Nicolás Lodeiro Undergoes Successful Surgery
- Sounders FC Suffers 1-0 Road Loss Saturday Evening to Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Travels to Real Salt Lake for Weekend Matchup