MNUFC Forward Foster Langsdorf Retires
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that forward Foster Langsdorf has decided to retire from professional soccer.
Oregon-native Langsdorf joined the Loons after one season with Reno where he played 18 games and scored 11 goals during the 2020 season. Langsdorf is a product of the Portland Timbers Academy and signed a homegrown contract with the Timbers in January of 2018. The majority of his professional career was with Portland Timbers II, where he made 57 game appearances, notching 22 goals and 15 assists. He made his Portland Timbers debut against San Jose Earthquakes in a fourth-round Open Cup match in June, 2018. A Stanford University graduate, he helped lead the Cardinals to three straight NCAA National Championships and four straight Pac-12 titles.
Langsdorf arrived in Minnesota at the tail-end of 2020, providing depth up top. He made his MNUFC debut in the regular season finale game against FC Dallas at Allianz Field. In 2021, Langsdorf played 32 minutes in one match for Minnesota on May 1 against Austin FC.
Minnesota United's fifth season in MLS continues, now with near full capacity for home games. To get access to presales for the 2021 season, join The Preserve - the official Allianz Field Waiting List - or sign up for Minnesota United newsletters. More information on both can be found at mnufc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 27, 2021
- LAFC Takes on Minnesota United Tomorrow, July 28 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Los Angeles FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Acquires $1 Million in Allocation Money from Colorado in Exchange for Mark-Anthony Kaye - Los Angeles FC
- Sporting KC Welcomes Patrick Mahomes as Member of Sporting Club Ownership Group - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Forward Foster Langsdorf Retires - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Signs New Contract with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Rapids Acquire Canadian International Mark-Anthony Kaye - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC and Therabody Announce New Multi-Year Partnership - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- The Pitch: Portland's Valeri Among MLS Greatest with 100thÃÂ Career Goal - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview
- Minnesota United Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- MNUFC Youth Development Program Announce 2021-22 MLS Next Season Schedule and Roster
- Reynoso Brace Propels Loons Dominant Win over La Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC vs. LA Galaxy Preview