Somerset Patriots to Extend Protective Netting at TD Bank Ballpark
Bridgewater, NJ - The Somerset Patriots have announced that the team will extend the protective netting at TD Bank Ballpark to four additional seating sections.
"As an organization, we weighed several options and ultimately decided on the expanded netting to provide additional protection for our fans," said Somerset Patriots President/General Manager Patrick McVerry. "There are those that like to be behind the netting and others that like to see the field without it. This will allow us to accommodate both of those preferences of our fans, as well as actively respond to the movement towards more protective netting at ballparks throughout the nation."
Following Major League Baseball's recommendations for expanded protective netting at ballparks around the country, the Somerset Patriots will be adding netting in front of Sections 107 and 109 on the first base side and Sections 108 and 110 on the third base side. After installation, 47.6% of the Field Box and 50.7% of the Upper Box seating areas will be behind the protective netting.
The state-of-the-art netting is designed to optimize the viewing experience with the least amount of obstruction for fans. The goal is protection without taking away from the aesthetics of the award-winning ballpark.
"Regardless of the amount of protective netting added to any ballpark, there is still the inherit risk of foul balls and bats that require the need for all fans to be alert while the game is being played and to make a personal choice on where they would like to view the game," McVerry added.
The netting will be installed over the next few weeks and be ready for the team's home opener at TD Bank Ballpark on Friday, April 27th.
The Somerset Patriots led the Atlantic League in attendance and made their 14th appearance in the playoffs last season. The Somerset Patriots will welcome their 7,000,000th fan in their 20th season at TD Bank Ballpark in 2018. Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 Season presented by Ford beginning at home on Friday, April 27th. For more information, please visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Protective Netting at TD Bank Ballpark
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Ducks to Host Player Tryout - Long Island Ducks
- Somerset Patriots to Extend Protective Netting at TD Bank Ballpark - Somerset Patriots
- April 21 Fan Fest to Highlight Pre-Season Schedule - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Somerset Patriots Stories
- Ducks Eliminate Patriots from Playoffs with 3-2 Extra Inning Win
- Patriots Power Their Way to a Game 4 LDCS Win to Even up the Series 2-2
- Patriots Fight Their Way Back into the LDCS with Big Win in Front of Record Crowd
- Ducks Crush Patriots to Take a 2-0 Liberty Division Championship Series Lead
- Ducks Take Game 1 of the Liberty Division Championship Series over Patriots with Lopsided 9-2 Win