Solar Bears Re-Sign Kevin Lohan
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the club has agreed to terms with defenseman Kevin Lohan on an ECHL Standard Player Contract for the 2021-22 season.
Lohan, 27, appeared in a career-high 56 games for the Solar Bears during the 2020-21 campaign, posting 12 points (2g-10a) and 44 penalty minutes, also all career-bests. The blueliner logged significant ice time as part of the Solar Bears penalty-killing unit, which finished third in the ECHL with a rate of 85.54 percent.
The 6-foot-6, 215-pound rearguard has appeared in 145 games (fifth in club history) with Orlando over three seasons, totaling 25 points (4g-21a), since his acquisition from the Toledo Walleye on Dec. 27, 2018. He has recorded 29 points (4g-25a) in 161 career ECHL games with Orlando and Toledo.
Prior to turning pro, the native of Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. played four seasons of college hockey at the University of Michigan and one season as a graduate transfer at Boston College. In 86 career NCAA games, Lohan notched 19 points (4g-15a).
Lohan also played one season of Junior A with the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL, where he registered 23 points (5g-18a) in 54 games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 21, 2021
- Gladiators Sign Local Talent with Hayes and Yoder - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Defenseman Ben Masella - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Announce NHL Affiliation with Columbus Blue Jackets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Sign Tyler Busch - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Re-Sign Kevin Lohan - Orlando Solar Bears
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forward Grant Jozefek for 2021-22 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.