Soccer Pointe-Claire Joins CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre
January 27, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Club de Foot Montreal News Release
MONTREAL - As part of its Scouting and Development Centre (CIP), CF Montréal announced on Friday the addition of its newest partner club, Soccer Pointe-Claire.
In doing so, CF Montréal joins forces with another amateur club from the Lac Saint-Louis regional soccer association.
"Immediately after our first meeting, I felt that Soccer Pointe-Claire was a club with a clear vision and a strong sense of direction. They have a solid connection to the community and care about their membership; we want to be a part of that," said CF Montréal Academy Director Marinos Papageorgopoulos.
"Exciting times lie ahead. Soccer Pointe-Claire's partnership with CF Montréal will instill a sense of pride and excitement in our members. Members of all ages will feel the community spirit of this initiative, while player development on the field and coaching education will benefit greatly," added Soccer Pointe-Claire president Jonathan Markiewicz
As CF Montréal has sought to establish a more sustained collaboration plan with its partners, the Scouting and Development program was revised in 2021. This new consultative partnership formula allows participating clubs like Soccer Pointe-Claire to take full advantage of the Club's resources, both at the technical and administrative levels, including weekly on-site visits. Partner clubs also have exclusive access to CF Montréal activities and initiatives such as tournaments, camps, and technical competitions.
Launched on July 2, 2019, the Scouting and Development Centre is a high-performance development and identification program developed by the Club's Academy and its educators. The initiative includes visits with partner clubs and is part of a broader desire to share the Academy's knowledge, training, and methodologies in order to strengthen ties with the Quebec soccer community.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 27, 2023
- FC Cincinnati Defeat Austin FC 3-2 in First Preseason Test - FC Cincinnati
- New Signings Negri and Stefanelli Have Arrived - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Signs Defender Amro Tarek - Austin FC
- New York City Football Club Acquires Goalkeeper Matt Freese for $350K in General Allocation MoneyÃÂ - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $750,000 in Allocation Money from New York City FC - Philadelphia Union
- Charlotte FC to Play FC Dallas and Necaxa in Leagues Cup 2023ÃÂ ÃÂ - Charlotte FC
- Soccer Pointe-Claire Joins CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre - Club de Foot Montreal
- Florian Jungwirth Announces Retirement, Named VWFC Assistant Coach - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Head Coach Gary Smith Pleased with Progress After First Phase of Training - Nashville SC
- Timbers Acquire $50,000 in 2023 General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC - Portland Timbers
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Danish International Defender Andreas Maxsø - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Announce New Tuition-Free Pre-Academy Program Beginning in Fall of 2023 - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United Academy U15 Head Coach Peter Mcdonnell Named as a 2023-24 Elite Formation Coaching License Participant - Minnesota United FC
- Goalkeeper Sean Johnson Departs New York City Football Club - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Sign U.S. International Sean Johnson - Toronto FC
- 25 MLS Coaches to Start Elite Formation Coaching License Program on February 1 in Paris - MLS
- Inter Miami CF Loans Emerson Rodríguez to Club Santos Laguna - Inter Miami CF
- 2023 FC Cincinnati Single Match Tickets on Sale Now - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Canadian Championship Final
- CF Montréal to Play Canadian Championship Final Wednesday in Vancouver
- Róbert Thorkelsson Called up by Iceland's U21 Team
- CF Montréal Continues Road Trip against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday
- CF Montréal Draws D.C. United, 2-2