SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Rawle Alkins and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, announced today they have acquired the returning player rights for Rawle Alkins and a 2022 second round draft pick from Raptors 905 in exchange for the Stars' 2022 second round pick.
Alkins (6-5, 225) most recently played 35 games (eight starts) for MHP Riesen in the German BBL (German Basketball League) and BCL-Eu (Basketball Champions League Europe) during the 2021-22 season. The Brooklyn, N.Y., native averaged 8.9 points, and 2.3 rebounds during his time with MHP Riesen.
The former Arizona Wildcat appeared in 10 games (one start) for the Chicago Bulls during the 2018-19 season, posting averages of 3.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 12 minutes a game.
The 24-year-old guard also appeared in 44 games (17 starts) for the Windy City Bulls (Chicago Bulls NBA G League affiliate) during the 2018-19 season and three games for Raptors 905 (Toronto Raptors NBA G League affiliate) during the 2020-21 season. Alkins tallied career G League averages of 10.9 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists while shooting 44.6 percent from the floor in 24.8 minutes per contest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 21, 2022
- Stockton Kings Aquire Returning Player Rights to Deonte Burton - Stockton Kings
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Rawle Alkins and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick - Salt Lake City Stars
- Charge Announce Best Promo Schedule in the History of Cleveland - Cleveland Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Rawle Alkins and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick
- Salt Lake City Stars of NBA G League to Host Local Player Tryout on October 1
- Carsen Edwards Earns Call-Up with Detroit Pistons
- Stars Finish 21-22 Campaign with Win over Kings