SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, announced today they have acquired the returning player rights for Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and a 2022 second round draft pick (from Wisconsin via Ontario) from the South Bay Lakers in exchange for the returning player rights of Jared Wilson-Frame, a 2022 third round pick and a 2023 first round pick.
Bass (6-8, 200, Detroit-Mercy) appeared in 26 NBA G League games (one start) for South Bay during the 2021-22 campaign. The forward posted season averages of 17.4 points, seven rebounds and 1.4 steals per contest. The Birmingham, Mich., native also appeared in two games with the Phoenix Suns last season.
Cain (6-6, 200, DePaul) logged minutes in 25 games (one start) with South Bay a season ago. The 25-year-old forward averaged 4.7 points in 17.5 minutes a game.
Wilson-Frame (6-5, 220, Pittsburgh) played in 32 games (28 starts) for the Stars during the 2021-22 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 8, 2022
- Wisconsin Herd and Oshkosh Arena to Host Job Fair on Sep. 12 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick - South Bay Lakers
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick - Salt Lake City Stars
- Charge Name Mike Gerrity Head Coach - Cleveland Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Rawle Alkins and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick
- Salt Lake City Stars of NBA G League to Host Local Player Tryout on October 1
- Carsen Edwards Earns Call-Up with Detroit Pistons
- Stars Finish 21-22 Campaign with Win over Kings