South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired a 2023 first round pick, along with the returning player rights to Jared Wilson-Frame and a 2022 third round pick from the Salt Lake City Stars in exchange for the returning player rights to Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and a 2022 second round pick, it was announced today.
Wilson-Frame (6'5", 220) appeared in 32 NBA G League games (28 starts) with Salt Lake City during the 2021-22 season, averaging 17.0 points, 4.6 rebounds and 5.3 assists in 36.2 minutes per game while shooting 36.8 percent from 3-point range. The Connecticut native began his collegiate career at Northwest Florida State (2015-17) before transferring to the University for Pittsburgh (2017-19) for his junior and senior seasons.
In 26 games (one start) with South Bay last season, Bass averaged 17.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 27.2 minutes per contest. The forward appeared in two NBA games last year for the Phoenix Suns, averaging 3.0 points and 2.0 rebounds in 3.5 minutes per game.
In 25 games (one start) in last year's campaign for South Bay, Cain averaged 4.7 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 17.5 minutes per contest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 8, 2022
- Wisconsin Herd and Oshkosh Arena to Host Job Fair on Sep. 12 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick - South Bay Lakers
- SLC Stars Acquire Rights to Paris Bass, Elijah Cain and 2022 Second Round Draft Pick - Salt Lake City Stars
- Charge Name Mike Gerrity Head Coach - Cleveland Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.