Sioux City Fails To Fight Off The Storm
KEARNEY, NE - The Musketeers were back at the Viaero Center on Saturday night for the second game in a weekend series against the Storm. Sioux City started strong but could not keep the Storm at bay, final score 5-1.
The Musketeers would be the ones to strike first in this one off a pretty passing play between Parker Ford and Josh Boyer. Marcus Kallionkieli made an excellent stretch pass to Ford who beat a defender to set up a 2 on 1 with Boyer. Ford fed a pass through the legs of Storm defender to a waiting Boyer who buried it for his second goal as a musketeer.
The Storm would eventually tie things up with just under two minutes to play in the 3rd on a powerplay goal from Elias Rosen sending both teams to the locker room tied at one.
There wasn't much scoring in the period but the Storm managed to find a way to take the lead. Connor McMenamin would get an excellent pass from Filip Forsmark sending McMenamin in all alone. The former Musketeer made a few moves before sliding the puck between the legs of Ben Kraws to give the Storm a 2-1 lead. The Musketeers once again struggled to find any momentum offensively sending them back to the room with a 2-1 deficit.
In a similar scene to last night, the Storm came out firing in the 3rd period and managed to put two more past Kraws while adding an empty netter to seal the 5-1 victory.
Sioux City's backs are now against the wall after failing to pick up any points on the weekend. A crucial series against the Flying Aces awaits next weekend in Central Illinois.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2019
- Ohrvall Adds to Hat Collection - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Fall 9-3 to USA U18's - Lincoln Stars
- Dubuque Downed by Des Moines' Two Late Third Period Goals - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Steel Earn Point in Wild Overtime Contest, 5-4 - Chicago Steel
- Sioux City Fails To Fight Off The Storm - Sioux City Musketeers
- Central Illinois Defeats Muskegon, 4 to 0, Thanks to Explosive First - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Central Illinois Stuns Muskegon Early, Earns First Win over Lumberjacks 4-0 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Preview - USA U18's at Stars - Lincoln Stars
- Preview: Storm Go for Back to Back Wins against Sioux City - Tri-City Storm
- Down Two Late, Stars Stun USNTDP, Rally for Shootout Victory - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Open Home Weekend with 5-1 Win over Musketeers - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.