Shootout Win Saturday Night in Austin 4-3
Aberdeen 4 @ Austin 3 (SO) - The Aberdeen Wings won their 14th game in a row by the skin of their teeth as they saw a 3-0 lead disappear n the third period and came back to win 4-3 over the Austin Bruins in a shootout. John Sladic scored the game-deciding goal in the shootout for the Wings while Nic Sicoly, Thomas Rocco, and Tim Makowski all scored in regulation for Aberdeen. Dante Zapata led the Bruins with three points. Hugh Larkin and Che Landikusic found the back of the net for Austin. Matt Vernon made 26 saves for Aberdeen and did not allow a goal in the shootout. Kyle McClellan was stuck with the loss after making 31 saves.
The Wings continue their road trip this coming weekend when they travel to Bismarck for a pair of games vs the Bobcats!
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Bronte Completes Comeback in Overtime - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Comeback Effort Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Generals - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Shootout Win Saturday Night in Austin 4-3 - Aberdeen Wings
- Nick Anderson Commits to Colgate University - Amarillo Bulls
- Blake Bennett Backhands in Overtime Winner Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bulls Dump Jacks 6-2 - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.