September 14 Match against Orlando Pride to be Designated Breast Cancer Awareness Night Presented by Aetna
CARY, NC - The North Carolina Courage will host the Orlando Pride for Breast Cancer Awareness Night presented by Aetna at Sahlen's Stadium WakeMed Soccer Park on Saturday, September 14. Breast Cancer Awareness Night is a long-standing tradition with the North Carolina Football Club as this is the third year the club will host this special night.
The Breast Cancer Awareness weekend begins with the 7:00 p.m. match on Saturday, September 14 when the Courage take on the Pride. The following morning, Sunday, September 15 the North Carolina Courage, Aetna, and O2 Fitness will host Yoga in the Park which will consist of a yoga session at WakeMed Soccer Park and a meet and greet with several NC Courage players, including midfielder McCall Zerboni. Yoga in the Park will last from 9-10 a.m.
"I'm super excited about Breast Cancer Awareness night coming up," said NC Courage veteran midfielder Zerboni. "It is a chance to honor and support those who have been directly affected by this health challenge. Holding events like Courage Breast Cancer Night game and Yoga in the Park are important for our community because they also create education and awareness which can help battle against this disease. Together we can make a difference, so I encourage people to get involved and join us."
Fans have the opportunity to give back when purchasing tickets to Breast Cancer Awareness Night by using the codes KOMEN to donate to the Susan G. Komen or PINK to donate to the Pretty and Pink Foundation.
"Aetna is proud to be the sponsor of NC Courage Breast Cancer Awareness Night," said Jim Bostian, president of Aetna in North Carolina. "We look forward to showing support for all who have been affected by this disease."
A ticket package including a ticket to the game and Yoga in the Park is now available and can be purchased here using the code YOGA. Season ticket holders can purchase tickets to the Yoga in the Park here using the code PINKYOGA.
This year's Breast Cancer Awareness night will rally around Orlando Pride defender Toni Pressley who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The North Carolina Courage have worn pink armbands in previous games to show their support for Pressley.
Following the Breast Cancer Awareness match, the NC Courage will have a postgame celebration honoring Heather O'Reilly's career. Fans are encouraged to stay for the celebration.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Sky Blue FC Announces Coaching and Training Staff - Sky Blue FC
- Christen Press Selected as NWSL Player of the Week - Utah Royals FC
- Christen Press Voted NWSL Player of the Month - NWSL
- September 14 Match against Orlando Pride to be Designated Breast Cancer Awareness Night Presented by Aetna - North Carolina Courage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina Courage Stories
- North Carolina Courage Draw in Second Match of the NWSL Fall Series
- NC Courage to Play for Local Nonprofit 321 Coffee in 2020 Verizon Community Shield
- NC Courage Look to Secure Second Win in Fall Series against the Orlando Pride
- North Carolina Courage Keep 819-Day Home Undefeated Streak Alive with 4-3 Victory over Houston Dash
- NC Courage Match against Houston Dash Moved to Saturday, September 12 at 3:30 p.m. on CBS