SeaWolves Fall to Tropics in Lakeland
Lakeland, FL - Orlando traveled down the road to Lakeland for the second time in two weeks and once again fell to the Florida Tropics 16-3. Â Orlando now moves to 1-8 on the season.
Florida got out to a hot start, scoring five unanswered before Eduardo Cruz finally got Orlando on the board. The Tropics would get one back seconds later to make it 6-1. A minute later, Luiz Mota scored off a set piece to cut the deficit again, but Florida would once again pull that one back before the half to make it 7-2 at the break.
The Tropics would score to open up the second half, scoring one more in the third to go up 9-2. Orlando would pull one back with Luiz Mota's second of the game, but Florida would finish out the game scoring seven more to take the game by a score of 16-3.
Next up, the SeaWolves will play their first home game of the new decade on Thursday, January 23rd as they host the St. Louis Ambush. That game will kick off at 7:35 p.m. and will be broadcast on masl.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 19, 2020
- SeaWolves Fall to Tropics in Lakeland - Orlando SeaWolves
- Fury Come from Behind to Top Stars 7-4 - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Overcome Early Deficit, But Lose to San Diego Sockers 5-3 - Mesquite Outlaws
- Parreiras, Tavernese Get Hat Tricks as First-Place Tropics Roll Past Orlando, 16-3 - Florida Tropics SC
- Heat Pulls Away in the Third Quarter to Down the Lancers - Rochester Lancers
- Ambush Split Weekend Series with Utica - St. Louis Ambush
- Utica City Rolls Past St. Louis - Utica City FC
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. Mesquite - San Diego Sockers
- Heat Defeat Soles de Sonora 5-2 - Harrisburg Heat
- Stars Fall to Fury 7-4 - Tacoma Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.