Seattle Storm Promotes Talisa Rhea to General Manager
SEATTLE -Â The Seattle Storm is pleased to announce the promotion of Talisa Rhea to general manager. Rhea joined the organization in 2015 as a video coordinator and quickly progressed to director of basketball operations in 2016 and assistant GM in 2019.Â
RheaÂ has played a key role in the Storm's draft strategy over the past six years and worked closely with the coaching staff to help create anÂ impressiveÂ roster in Seattle including two WNBA championship teams.Â Rhea takes over GM duties from Alisha Valavanis, who remains Storm President and CEO of both the Storm and Force 10 Hoops.
"We are thrilled to promote Talisa to general manager and are eager to support her continued growth as a WNBA basketball executive. Talisa has the experience, basketball acumen and passion to thrive in this role," said Valavanis. "In addition, we at the Storm are excited to continue the tradition of developing post-collegiate and professional players in roles that expand their career opportunities."Â Â
An Alaska native, Rhea went to Juneau-DouglasÂ HighÂ SchoolÂ where she was anÂ academic and athletic standout.Â Rhea, whoÂ excelled in her collegiate basketball career at both Oregon State University and Seattle University,Â earned a bachelor's degree in sport and exercise science from Seattle University and a master's degree fromÂ theÂ University of Illinois in sports management.Â Following a professional basketball career in Poland with CentrumÂ WzgórzeÂ Gdynia, she returnedÂ statesideÂ to join the Storm in 2015.
"Talisa has been instrumental in the success the Storm have enjoyed the past three years," said Head Coach Dan Hughes.Â "She is very well prepared for this opportunity."
"I am grateful for this promotion within the Storm organization," said Rhea. "I feel fortunate to have experienced the Storm's championship culture for the past six seasons and I look forward to leading our team in the pursuit of sustained excellence. I would like to thank Alisha, the Storm owners, and the entire Storm organization for this incredible opportunity."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 13, 2021
- Seattle Storm Promotes Talisa Rhea to General Manager - Seattle Storm
- Connecticut Sun 2021 Schedule Announced - Connecticut Sun
- Seattle Storm Announce 2021 Regular Season Schedule - Seattle Storm
- Aces Open 2021 Season with Pair of 2020 WNBA Finals Rematches at Seattle - Las Vegas Aces
- New York Liberty Announce 2021 Regular Season Schedule - New York Liberty
- Washington Mystics Release 2021 Schedule - Washington Mystics
- LA Sparks Announce 25th Anniversary Season Schedule - Los Angeles Sparks
- Chicago Sky Announce 2021 Schedule and Format - Chicago Sky
- Mercury Announce 2021 Regular Season Schedule, Plan for Fans at Home Games - Phoenix Mercury
- WNBA's 25th Regular Season Tips off May 14 with Opening Weekend Highlighted by Star-Studded Matchups - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Storm Stories
- Storm Defeats Aces 97-83 to Open 2021 Campaign
- Seattle Sets Roster for Saturday's Home Opener
- Storm Waive Tamera "TyÃ¢ÂÂ Young and Natalie KucowskiÃÂ
- Storm Announces Three New Force4change Season-Long InitiativesÃÂ
- Storm Waive Brittany Brown and Peyton WilliamsÃÂ