Scott Kazmir to pitch for Bulls on Monday, April 28th
Durham, NC - The Tampa Bay Rays today announced All-Star lefty Scott Kazmir will make his final rehab start with the Durham Bulls on Monday, April 28th as the Bulls host the defending Governors' Cup Champion Richmond Braves at 7:05 PM.
Kazmir, ranked as the best pitcher under the age of 25 by Baseball America, is 35-29 with a 3.64 ERA and 617 strikeouts in 570 innings pitched in four seasons with Tampa Bay. Last season, he led the American League in strikeouts with 239. The 24-year old suffered a mild elbow strain in spring training landing him on the 15-day disabled list. His appearance with the Bulls on Monday is expected to be his final rehabilitation assignment before rejoining the Rays.
Tickets for Monday's game between the Bulls and Braves are on sale now at www.durhambulls.com or by phone at (919) 956-BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 24, 2008
- Louisville escapes with 6-4 win over Indy - Indianapolis Indians
- Duensing Deals, Ruiz Rocks in Wings Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Nationals Option Ray King To Columbus - Columbus Clippers
- Bisons Modern Era Strikeout King Jason Stanford Returns to Herd - Buffalo Bisons
- Braves tip Tides late - Norfolk Tides
- Braves Slip Past Tides - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Eight-Game Homestand Begins Saturday - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians Announce 2008 Television Schedule - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Holds 125th Anniversary Fan Photo Contest - IL
- IL News and Notes - IL
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons' Sean Smith Sent to Colorado to Complete Indians' Jamey Carroll Trade - Buffalo Bisons
- Scott Kazmir to pitch for Bulls on Monday, April 28th - Durham Bulls
- Clippers Square Off Against Mud Hens Tonight - Columbus Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.