Scorcia Finds the Net Again During Loss to Mayhem
As the series shifted back to Georgia, the Bolts looked to close out the Challenge Round with a victory to propel them to round two. However, after a strong start, the Mayhem would take over and win 6-1, to force a game three tomorrow afternoon.
John Scorcia scored the lone goal for Evansville, on a power play in the third period, sniping a shot past Charlie Finn to break the shutout, from Dave Williams and Carter Shinkaruk at 13:48. Ryan de Melo finished with 14 saves, and Ian Sylves finished with 9 saves.
Game three in Macon takes place tomorrow afternoon, at 3:30 p.m. CST.
Images from this story
Evansville Thunderbolts line up to face the Macon Mayhem
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2018
- Havoc Beat RiverKings 4-3 in OT to Force Game Three - Huntsville Havoc
- Scorcia Finds the Net Again During Loss to Mayhem - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Mayhem Force Game Three with 6-1 Win over Evansville - Macon Mayhem
- Mayhem Game Notes: Challenge Round Game #2 (Mayhem vs. Thunderbolts) - Macon Mayhem
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Evansville Thunderbolts Stories
- Morrissey Tallies Goal and Assist in Loss to Mayhem
- Mikowski Scores First Pro Goal in Close Loss to Macon
- Thunderbolts Host Macon this Weekend, Head to Quad City on Tuesday
- Blaszka Scores Second Goal in Loss to Rivermen
- Thunderbolts Fall to Rivermen in First Game of Series