Scooter Gennett to Join Manatees Tuesday
VIERA - Milwaukee Brewers second baseman Scooter Gennett has been assigned to the Brevard County Manatees to begin a rehabilitation assignment. Gennett will be active with the Manatees on Tuesday as the team will take on the Daytona Tortugas at Space Coast Stadium.
To purchase tickets visit manateesbaseball.com by midnight Monday, visit the Stadium box office or call (321) 633-9200.
Gennett last played with the Manatees during the 2011 season, when he had a .299 batting average, with nine home runs, 51 RBI and 74 runs scored in 134 games played. After being promoted from Brevard County, Gennett represented the Brewers in the 2012 All-Star Futures Game before making his Major League debut in June 2013.
Gennett, who has been the Brewers every day second baseman since the start of the 2015 season, was placed on the 15-day disabled list on April 28 after straining his right oblique. Through 18 games this season Gennett holds a .256 batting average with four home runs and 14 runs scored, Gennett is schedule to play with Brevard County at Space Coast Stadium on Tuesday, and then travel with the team to Daytona on Wednesday.
The Manatees are set to begin a four game series with the Daytona Tortugas Monday, and will play at home Tuesday night. First pitch will be at 6:35pm, with Manny's Silver 'Tees Club members receiving complimentary admission and two-dollar hot dogs available.
Images from this story
Scooter Gennett with the Brevard County Manatees
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 9, 2016
- Tampa Drops Opener to Lakeland, 5-4 - Tampa Yankees
- Fourteen Hit Attack Leads Miracle to 10-6 Win at Bradenton - Fort Myers Miracle
- Cardinals Squander Opportunities in 9th Straight Loss - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Threshers Fall in Opener, 6-2 - Clearwater Threshers
- Bats Stay Hot, Mets Crush Jupiter 14-6 - St. Lucie Mets
- Scooter Gennett to Join Manatees Tuesday - Brevard County Manatees
- Flying Tigers Return Home Wednesday for All-You-Can-Eat Night - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.