Schoony Re-Signs with Twisters
(North Little Rock, AR) - Jon Schoonover is returning to the Arkansas Twisters after re-signing with the team on Tuesday. Schoonover led the Twisters in receiving yards with 1207 and ranked second on the team with 87 receptions and 22 touchdowns. He helped lead the Twisters to a 12-4 regular season record and its first home playoff game since '03. His receiving yards are third most in team history. Schoonover is also just the fifth receiver in Twisters history to have over 2000 receiving yards for his career. Schoonover's best game of '07 came against Laredo where he finished with nine catches for 158 yards and four touchdowns.
The Missouri native is known by Twisters fans for making highlight style catches which is evident by being named Cutters Catch of the Game twice in '07 and eight times in '06. He earned af2 Cutters Catch of the Week honors in week seven of '06.
Schoonover finished the '06 season with 59 catches for 812 yards and 18 touchdowns. He led the team with an average of 13.8 yards per catch and his 18 touchdown receptions were second most on the team while helping the team advance to the National Conference Championship game for the first time since '03.
"Schoony", as he's called by Twisters' fans, had his best game in '06 against Rio Grande Valley when he caught 6 passes for 100 yards and a team high tying four touchdowns. He also had a 42 yard reception that was the longest by a Twisters player that season.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from December 12, 2007
- Crudup, B'Jay Jones Return For '08 - Stockton Lightning
- Shock add WR and DB - Spokane Shock
- Moqut Ruffins Returns To Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- Mahoning Valley Thunder to Hold Open Tryout Saturday, January 5th - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Yard Dawgz Holiday Open House December 13 - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Schoony Re-Signs with Twisters - Arkansas Diamonds
- 2008 Talons Cheerleading Tryouts - Tulsa Talons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.