Santa Teresa High School Recipient of 2019 Howdy's Field of Dreams, Ribbon Cutting Tomorrow
EL PASO - The El Paso Chihuahuas and Howdy's are proud to announce that Santa Teresa High School is the recipient of the 2019 Howdy's Field of Dreams, a program designed to help renovate a baseball facility in need of repair in the southwest region.
The ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled to take place Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5 p.m. on the high school's baseball field. The ceremony will precede the in-state rivalry game between Santa Teresa and Gadsden High School.
"We are blessed and fortunate to be selected as this year's recipient of the Howdy's Field of Dreams," said Santa Teresa Varsity Baseball Coach Gil Bailon. "Our team has been together for several years and we all cannot wait to step onto this incredible new field this year and many years in the future."
Representatives from Howdy's, the El Paso Chihuahuas, including Chico, and members of the Warriors' baseball team will be in attendance.
"Howdy's is proud to support the communities we serve, especially through our ongoing support to the 'Field of Dreams Project' with the El Paso Chihuahuas. Over the past five years, it has been rewarding to watch the high school fields at Irvin, Jefferson, Bel Air, Andress and the Ernie Rascon Memorial Field in Anthony come to life," said VJ Smith, Corporate Affairs, Marathon Petroleum. "We are proud to be a part of these projects and it gives Howdy's great pleasure to see the new field at Santa Teresa High School complete."
"It is an honor to work with a company like Howdy's who sees the importance of community investment," said MountainStar Sports Group Senior Vice President and General Manager Brad Taylor. "Coach Bailon and Santa Teresa are perfect recipients for this project as there was a need to improve their field, their desire to perpetuate it, and their sincere appreciation to be selected."
The renovations to the field began on February 11, 2019 and were completed by the Chihuahuas grounds crew. The renovations included the installation of 8,000 square feet of new sod, laser grading the infield clay, and the addition of new clay in the batters boxes and pitcher's mound.
The Field of Dreams project completed its sixth year.
WHO: The El Paso Chihuahuas, Howdy's, Santa Teresa High School
WHAT: Howdy's Field of Dreams Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
WHEN: Friday, May 1, 2019 | 5 p.m.
WHERE: Santa Teresa High School Baseball Field
2014 Jefferson High School
2015 Bel Air High School
2016 Andress High School
2017 Ernie Rascon Memorial Baseball Field (Anthony, TX)
2018 Irvin High School
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Santa Teresa High School Recipient of 2019 Howdy's Field of Dreams, Ribbon Cutting Tomorrow - El Paso Chihuahuas
- AutoZone Park Teams with Budweiser to Re-Brand All-Inclusive Redbird Club - Memphis Redbirds
- "The Kodiak Club" to Debut at Chukchansi Park this Season - Fresno Grizzlies
- National Anthem Tryouts Postponed Due to Forecasted Weekend Weather - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Booster's Kids Club and Silver Sounds Club Return in 2019 - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express Announce 2019 Theme Night Schedule - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- MountainStar Sports Group, El Paso Chihuahuas to Host a Minor League Baseball Premier Event in Downtown El Paso for Second Time in 2019
- Chihuahuas Doubled up in Season Finale
- Loss Eliminates Chihuahuas
- Overton Razor Sharp in Beating Sacramento
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10