National Anthem Tryouts Postponed Due to Forecasted Weekend Weather
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers and The Oklahoman will host open auditions from 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday, March 16 at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark for musical performers to sing or play "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Dodgers home games in 2019.
National Anthem Tryouts presented by the OKC Dodgers and The Oklahoman were originally scheduled for this Saturday at the Myriad Botanical Gardens Water Stage, but forecasted inclement weather and cold temperatures led organizers to reschedule the auditions to coincide with OKC Dodgers Fan Fest in just over two weeks.
All 125 audition time slots filled up in less than one week after registration opened in late January for the ninth annual National Anthem Tryouts presented by The Oklahoman and the OKC Dodgers.
Performers still interested in auditioning can join a standby list at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark's Mickey Mantle Plaza starting at 10:30 a.m. March 16. If the tryouts run ahead of schedule, or if a performer does not show up for a scheduled time, those in the standby line will be chosen to audition. Standby performers are encouraged to arrive early and will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Based on the turnout of previous events, about 20 standby participants will likely be given an opportunity to audition.
Performers will take the stage in front of a live audience and a judging panel consisting of editors and columnists from The Oklahoman, city officials and community leaders. Winners will be selected based on voice quality, creative style and stage presence.
The auditions draw a wide variety of performers from the Oklahoma City area, as well as from across the state of Oklahoma and even a handful from surrounding states.
Winners will perform the national anthem at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark throughout the upcoming 70-game home schedule. The grand prize winner will perform as part of Opening Day Thursday, April 4 when the Dodgers host the San Antonio Missions.
For more information about National Anthem Tryouts presented by The Oklahoman and the OKC Dodgers, Fan Fest, season ticket packages or group outings, call (405) 218-2182 or visit okcdodgers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Santa Teresa High School Recipient of 2019 Howdy's Field of Dreams, Ribbon Cutting Tomorrow - El Paso Chihuahuas
- AutoZone Park Teams with Budweiser to Re-Brand All-Inclusive Redbird Club - Memphis Redbirds
- "The Kodiak Club" to Debut at Chukchansi Park this Season - Fresno Grizzlies
- National Anthem Tryouts Postponed Due to Forecasted Weekend Weather - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Booster's Kids Club and Silver Sounds Club Return in 2019 - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express Announce 2019 Theme Night Schedule - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Offering Community Match Ticket Sale During Thanksgiving Week
- LifeShare WinterFest and Snow Tubing Return to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- OKC Dodgers Announce 2020 Schedule
- Gavin Lux Named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Dodgers Close Season with 10-1 Loss