Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 124-114 at Oracle Arena
OAKLAND, CA -The Santa Cruz Warriors (28-11) defeated the Oklahoma City Blue (25-15) in front of over 14,000 fans tonight at Oracle Arena, 124-114.
Eight Sea Dubs scored in double figures tonight, led by guard Damion Lee with 26 points (7-11 FG, 6-9 3FG), 19 coming in the first half. Warriors guard Darius Morris put up 21 points and a team-high eight assists in 27 minutes tonight. Super-sub Kendrick Nunn chipped in 21 points on 7-12 from the field (58.3 percent shooting) with five rebounds in 29 minutes.
The Blue's Scotty Hopson scored a team-high 22 points, including 18 in the second half, to go along with seven assists in 32 minutes tonight. Forward K.J. McDaniels totaled 18 points and seven rebounds. The Oklahoma City Blue were undone by 20 team turnovers, which yielded 29 Warriors points.
Both teams started hot in the first quarter, shooting a combined 20-41 (48.8 percent shooting), but Damion Lee scored a career-high-tying 19 first half points, helping the Sea Dubs extend their lead to twelve at the end of the first half, 64-52.
Santa Cruz began the second half with two big plays from guard Antonius Cleveland, while McDaniels put up ten big points in the third quarter to cut the Sea Dubs lead to nine, 95-86. However, it was no match for Nunn's 13 second-half points, shooting 66.7% (4-of-6 FG, 2-of-3 3FG). Both teams collected buckets, with the Blue shooting 49.4 percent from the field, while the Sea Dubs shot exactly 50.0% at game's end.
The Warriors will host the Grand Rapids Drive (19-20) this Wednesday, February 27 as the team hosts its first-ever Pride Night at Kaiser Permanente Arena (tip-off 7:00 p.m. PST, NBC Sports Bay Area). For tickets to the team's Wednesday night game, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 25, 2019
- Greensboro Swarm, Triad Goodwill Team up for 2018-19 - Greensboro Swarm
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Jay-R Strowbridge - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League to Host Inaugural Elite Camp - G League
- Stockton Kings to Host "Legends Night" with Sacramento Kings Greats - Stockton Kings
- Raptors 905 Claim Wade Baldwin IV - Raptors 905
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 124-114 at Oracle Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Release Limited Edition T-Shirt
- Warriors and Togo's Donate Lunch to Second Harvest Food Bank
- Blondie Announces New Kaiser Permanente Arena Date - Sunday, September 13
- Warriors' Isaiah Reese Playing for Virtual Championship
- Statement from the Santa Cruz Warriors